LED lights are driving me nuts!

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soni took the plunge a while ago and jumped on the led bandwagon. I went Kessil. Bought 5 of them over time and due to tank moves sold off 4 of them. The one I still have has gone on be fritz lately and goes blue white, blue white, blue white. Flashing constantly between colors and I have absolutely zero control over it.

So on my next led go around I bought a hydra 26 hd. All was good. Now it seems to just randomly shut off. I can turn it on full. Turn it off. Run it through the play and see how the light should ramp up and ramp down. Finished play and shuts back off.

What gives? Am I just getting bad lights? I've cleaned them both out with compressed air and that does nothing.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soni took the plunge a while ago and jumped on the led bandwagon. I went Kessil. Bought 5 of them over time and due to tank moves sold off 4 of them. The one I still have has gone on be fritz lately and goes blue white, blue white, blue white. Flashing constantly between colors and I have absolutely zero control over it.

So on my next led go around I bought a hydra 26 hd. All was good. Now it seems to just randomly shut off. I can turn it on full. Turn it off. Run it through the play and see how the light should ramp up and ramp down. Finished play and shuts back off.

What gives? Am I just getting bad lights? I've cleaned them both out with compressed air and that does nothing.

Are they out of warranty? If so, contact kessil and AI to see if they can they can help. The hydra sounds like software issue.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil is out. I contacted them and they gave me a couple things to try at home.

Hydra I don't think it is, but I thought it was up to date on firm ware. I will check.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you update the firmware lately?
Do a hard boot? un-plug and let set for 5 minutes and re-plug in?
Contact customer support, man they were quick to respond when I had an issue.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil is out. I contacted them and they gave me a couple things to try at home.

Hydra I don't think it is, but I thought it was up to date on firm ware. I will check.

Are your lights in a warm room? I just visited with a person in Bangkok who only runs his lights at about 35% to keep them from overheating. So he just runs more lights at the lower setting. His tank is amazing.

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you called the AI customer service? They are usually very helpful.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your lights in a warm room? I just visited with a person in Bangkok who only runs his lights at about 35% to keep them from overheating. So he just runs more lights at the lower setting. His tank is amazing.

There isn't such a thing as a "warm" room in my house. I am in the process of renovating it and adding insulation is a high priority.

Have you called the AI customer service? They are usually very helpful.

I haven't yet, but do plan to

Did you download the control app?

I have the app on my phone and tablet both. That is how I can control the light, all on or all off. Go through the settings and it works. But actually following the schedule isn't happening.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you update the firmware lately?
Do a hard boot? un-plug and let set for 5 minutes and re-plug in?
Contact customer support, man they were quick to respond when I had an issue.

I haven't done a hard boot. I have reset it with the button on the back and gotten it to hook up to wifi again. It is running the latest firmware of 1.4.3

I will try the hard boot

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind. Playing with all the settings I set it all back to nothing on. No weather, no lunar, no acclimation. It turned on. I started going through all the settings and the lunar is over riding the schedule and following the moon phase. Apparently the lunar cycle has zero light right now.

So, who uses the lunar on their tank with these lights?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back