0   0   0
u think u can grow corals under these lights in a 20 long frag tank

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have the Solaris H4 36 inch unit running on my 76 gallon Oceanic half circle. Mixed reef with acros, montis, chalices, favias, and all kinds of other stuff thriving. Have kept clams as well. About 1.5 years now. Supplement some with natural sunlight, about 1-1.5 hours per day 75% of the time.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the imput never really did any reasearch on leds so i had no idea

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are good and bad things about the unit I have. Being able to dim the lights and program it is great, and there is hardly any added heat to the tank from the lights. The lights are in blocks, and not evenly spread out, which creates dim spots in between the blocks, especially close to the light (high up). So, there are good spots for high light sps and good spots for lower light sps, IME/O. No expensive bulb changes, but some of the leds have burned out. Thus far PFO has been good about replacing lights, but I am shipping my unit in to be worked on for a computer failure. It is froze up, but still works, but the beauty of the Solaris is its' versatility. Probably a bit better for LPS, but not sure about the new models which should be stronger. The H4 is plenty bright for my Purple Monster acro, Pink Lemonade, all montis, and can blast LPS with plenty/too much light 24 inches+ below the light fixture.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back