Leopard wrasse and copper

Rene2br

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to run a fallow period on my tank. I've got some species of fish like my leopard wrasse (chaoti) that I am really worried will do poorly or die due to its sensitivity to copper. Can anyone give me their experience regarding these fish and copper treatment. Most likely I will be running fallow for 4 to 6 months. I'm going to run prolonged dose so it will be less concentrated.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I'm about to run a fallow period on my tank. I've got some species of fish like my leopard wrasse (chaoti) that I am really worried will do poorly or die due to its sensitivity to copper. Can anyone give me their experience regarding these fish and copper treatment. Most likely I will be running fallow for 4 to 6 months. I'm going to run prolonged dose so it will be less concentrated.
I had 6+ wrasse this type

Guarantee it will die

Some will tell you do it but dang I had bad luck with copper power and that’s the safest **** they have

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy puts all his leopards thru copper and didn’t have a problem with his chaote. The only wrasse he’s had a hard time with is the yellowtail tamarin.

SoFlo Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a problem with leopards in copper, though I've never dealt with a choati. I've put multiple blue star and normal leopards through copper power at 2-2.5 ppm without issue, just ramp it up slowly over 3 or 4 days (unless its showing signs of ich/velvet). When they're in good shape I haven't found them to be particularly sensitive, I think they are just poor shippers and sometimes come in with internal parasites which is why they get that reputation.

OP
OP
R

Rene2br

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a problem with leopards in copper, though I've never dealt with a choati. I've put multiple blue star and normal leopards through copper power at 2-2.5 ppm without issue, just ramp it up slowly over 3 or 4 days (unless its showing signs of ich/velvet). When they're in good shape I haven't found them to be particularly sensitive, I think they are just poor shippers and sometimes come in with internal parasites which is why they get that reputation.
T

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back