It will fit into he second chamber next to the filter sock for sure
77A6EEB4-9873-4F5D-A325-9D41B02D1216.jpeg

Thanks!

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, i just got one of these for my IM Lagoon, and it's been running for about 8 days or so. Question, how much foam should this thing be producing? I got maybe an inch of foam under the collection cup. The reason i ask is because my skim is on the wet side.

I'm thinking it's because my water isn't that dirty to begin with. Anyone have any tips or experiences for tuning it?

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Nothing to tune on the Nuvoskim other than the height of the collection cup. Let it run for awhile and you’ll be amazed of what it can do!

Took about 2 months for it really run well. I can get wet or dry skim very easily by adjust the height of cup.

The dry skim I would get is super dark. Been spot feeding the corals so there’s plenty to get out of the water.

IF you own an IM AIO tank , look no further in my opinion. Works and looks great!

tmabry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, a small update on my experiences with the k1 nano. The original one I bought quit producing bubbles. Not sure why so I bought another...

The new one arrived yesterday and has a few changes from the first one that makes in work a lot better. IMHO.

Firstly the venturi intake is curved and on the original one was flat. This seems to produce a lot more bubbles than the original design
Secondly it seems like they redesigned the silencer. I didnt notice much of a change in noise, there was still a good amount of sucking noise from the silencer

I had modified the original silencer and decided to put that on the new skimmer and couldnt be happier. The noise is less than it was on the original and only a little bit of pump noise is audible. As I sit now about 4 feet from the tank the noise is not a distraction at all.

Happy to share pictures of the modification if anyone is interested.

tmabry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there a redesign with this skimmer? My first one stopped producing bubbles and I was unable to fix it so I ordered a new one.

The new one has what looks like a new venturi intake that is curved instead of flat and a redesigned silencer

The new intake seems to produce more bubbles than before. The new silencer seems a little louder with a very noticable sucking noise. However I attached the silencer from the original skimmer which I had modified and now its near silent with just a little bit of pump noise. As I sit now about 4 feet away from the tank Its not a distraction at all and when the house AC turns on you cant even hear it

Happy to post pics of the silencer mods if anyone is interested.

ikiwi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there a redesign with this skimmer? My first one stopped producing bubbles and I was unable to fix it so I ordered a new one.

The new one has what looks like a new venturi intake that is curved instead of flat and a redesigned silencer

The new intake seems to produce more bubbles than before. The new silencer seems a little louder with a very noticable sucking noise. However I attached the silencer from the original skimmer which I had modified and now its near silent with just a little bit of pump noise. As I sit now about 4 feet away from the tank Its not a distraction at all and when the house AC turns on you cant even hear it

Happy to post pics of the silencer mods if anyone is interested.
yes please!

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of upset. I was dead set on buying this but instead wound up getting the Aquamaxx HOB 1 on clearance. The Aquamaxx is a beast but its rather huge and cumbersome. Literally the day after hooking up my Aquamaxx i got emails saying the Icecap was back in stock, what are the odds? Oh well, i think ill just keep the Aquamaxx. I can always use the Aquamaxx on my next tank seeing as its rated for 75 gallons or so.

TBF the Aquamaxx will greatly outperform the K1 due to the larger body and pump.

Kevin3221

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an icecap nano for my 25g lagoon and it’s over flowing no matter what I do. I’ve tried raising the skimmer and it isn’t helping. Can any one help me out here.
image.jpg

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well while I still like the K1 skimmer I'm disappointed to report that the pump failed just two months out of warranty. Bummer. I thought maybe Coralvue might help me out a little being so close to warranty but the best they had to offer was to sell me a new pump at $35.00. oh well. Just thought I'd share so your warned on pump longevity.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used one of these for a new IM 20 nano setup about 6 months ago, and couldn't be happier. It works great, far better than any other nano skimmer I've tried (the Tunzes, in particular, aren't impressive.) Skims just like a big skimmer, easy to adjust, easy to service, and not too loud (although I probably wouldn't want it in my bedroom, but that's true for every skimmer.) My only concern is for pump longevity; it's a tiny thing, and as above, others have had it go out on them. But Coralvue sells replacements, so that's not a big deal for me.

I painted the lid of mine black so it would be less conspicuous and also not show the brand name.

IMG_6885b.jpg

Last edited:

noobzpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody share with me the voltage range of the pump? im outside the usa and am wondering if this supports 220/240v

Djhype97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump went out on my Midsize IM Ghost skimmer in my Nuvo 30L. Rather than pay $40 for a replacement pump, I decided to try another skimmer. I'm looking at the K1 Nano or the Aquamaxx NF-1. Both seem to have really good reviews but can't I decide and need to get replacement ASAP.

Djhype97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add on to this thread, as I’m sure others will find it as I did, I am hoping this helps. I decided to go with the k1 nano. Arrived today (amazon prime ). No instructions as mentioned. Still, I was able to get it set up and installed. First impressions: some noise, but not as loud as the ghost I had so it’s not a deal breaker. Micro bubbles: yes of course as expected but not a ton and I’m hoping they’ll go away as they did when I first set up the ghost. Adjusting/tuning: I went with the coral vue recommendation (YouTube vid) and have it set for the break in period. It IS a bit finicky but I have found it easier to set than the Ghost. So far so good.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add on to this thread, as I’m sure others will find it as I did, I am hoping this helps. I decided to go with the k1 nano. Arrived today (amazon prime ). No instructions as mentioned. Still, I was able to get it set up and installed. First impressions: some noise, but not as loud as the ghost I had so it’s not a deal breaker. Micro bubbles: yes of course as expected but not a ton and I’m hoping they’ll go away as they did when I first set up the ghost. Adjusting/tuning: I went with the coral vue recommendation (YouTube vid) and have it set for the break in period. It IS a bit finicky but I have found it easier to set than the Ghost. So far so good.

How's it performing today?

Djhype97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it performing today?

This little guy is a BEAST! I have to dump the cup out every 3 days or so, but man does this thing pull out some GUNK! It has, in my opinion, blown the Ghost Skimmer out of the water! The only thing I would’ve liked it to have is a bigger collection cup. And also it is a bit on the loud side but I’m able to look past that just based off its performance.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own 2 of these currently, one on my Waterbox 20 and one n my IM lagoon 25. I have to say, I couldn't be happier with them. It's a workout in a small package and forth great in both tanks. It does have a slight him to it, but nothing major, not any louder than any other nano skimmer I've tried and trued. I've heard a fair amount of complaints on these, but most sound like operator involved issues. They do take a bit to get tuned and set right, but once so, they're ******.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the nano skimmer game?! I'm debating between a Tunze 9004, IM Nuvo DC Skimmer, Eshopps Nano, or a Aqua Maxx 1.5 for a 40 gallon all-in-one IM system.

Leaning towards Tunze as not a lot known about the newer IM Nuvo... and prefer not to have an HOB... although the Aqua Maxx 1.5 sounds phenomenal...

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to tune on the Nuvoskim other than the height of the collection cup. Let it run for awhile and you’ll be amazed of what it can do!

Took about 2 months for it really run well. I can get wet or dry skim very easily by adjust the height of cup.

The dry skim I would get is super dark. Been spot feeding the corals so there’s plenty to get out of the water.

IF you own an IM AIO tank , look no further in my opinion. Works and looks great!
Hey - how's your Nuvo Skim working these days? Still recommend? Thx

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the nano skimmer game?! I'm debating between a Tunze 9004, IM Nuvo DC Skimmer, Eshopps Nano, or a Aqua Maxx 1.5 for a 40 gallon all-in-one IM system.

Leaning towards Tunze as not a lot known about the newer IM Nuvo... and prefer not to have an HOB... although the Aqua Maxx 1.5 sounds phenomenal...
All I run on my nanos is the IceCap K1. By far the best nano skimmer out there. I've tried the aqua Maxx, not a bad choice, but ZERO customer service if needed, and finnicky. Anything goes wrong, might as well throw it away and buy another. IceCap has a reputable name and when something is needed, call them and they ship it out

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%

Back