lets see those leathers especially the neon sinularia

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one more

1.jpg
What is that mushroom called next to the leather?

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my newest leather. I really like the color pop!

Attachments

• IMG_20230730_170051478.jpg
    IMG_20230730_170051478.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 91

WhoDey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to get a few pic's that aren't filtered under 20k but I've got 11 different leathers in my 57g, a few are hidden away on the backside of the scape, just need to move things around a bit. The cabbage leather up front is by far the brightest leather I've ever had.

Attachments

• reef3.jpg
    reef3.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 83
  • reef5.jpg
    reef5.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 85

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that mushroom called next to the leather?

Looks to be a hairy mushroom. Likely a “purple hairy mushroom”…could be green and the lack of a filter makes it appear purple through the camera. Regardless, look up “hairy mushroom”.

DropOffNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a Sinularia leather.
Do you know if 2 Sinularias can touch ..Let's say I have a Pink Sinularia Finger Coral next to a Green Sinularia Finger Coral with some space but then eventually they touch frequently..Will they nuke one another ?
My other concern is,will they release their toxins into the water from this and affect other softies ?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Do you know if 2 Sinularias can touch ..Let's say I have a Pink Sinularia Finger Coral next to a Green Sinularia Finger Coral with some space but then eventually they touch frequently..Will they nuke one another ?
My other concern is,will they release their toxins into the water from this and affect other softies ?
They should be fine.I have several different leather corals touching.
One thing I have found in a softy tank is when there are alot of large leather corals growing, small frags seem to have a hard time growing.
I use a carbon reactor to help with leather coral warfare.

DropOffNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine.I have several different leather corals touching.
One thing I have found in a softy tank is when there are alot of large leather corals growing, small frags seem to have a hard time growing.
I use a carbon reactor to help with leather coral warfare.
I appreciate the info..I was not sure if the coral was a Sinularia although it resembled it..At times it can get hard to distinguish softies ..I have been looking all over to see if it's possible to have 2 sinularias close to one another . .. Thanks for the response..I have been doing salt water for about 15 years on and off but just fish ..I recently got into corals,less than 10 months ago..
I have been looking at these forums for 15 years but never wanted to join as back in those days people were extremely rude with one another..Good to see things have changed since then...

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I appreciate the info..I was not sure if the coral was a Sinularia although it resembled it..At times it can get hard to distinguish softies ..I have been looking all over to see if it's possible to have 2 sinularias close to one another . .. Thanks for the response..I have been doing salt water for about 15 years on and off but just fish ..I recently got into corals,less than 10 months ago..
I have been looking at these forums for 15 years but never wanted to join as back in those days people were extremely rude with one another..Good to see things have changed since then...
The only thing I would watch for is the ultra neon green sinularias seem/can be damaged easier than ones with less green or just brown and will start to decay. Starts with a black fungus type type injury and will spread.
I try to keep them a little bit away from others.

As far as people being rude to others, that seems to have been mostly at reef central. At times it seemed like you were swimming with sharks ( without the cage).
It's much friendlier here.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, would those of you with more experience consider this one to be a sinularia?
*that's how it was labeled at LFS when I bought it a few months ago

sinularia.jpeg

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this lil dude when it was just a nubbin. It's so bright I love it. My bta occasionally moves and touches it but I have it mounted in a moveable rock so I can save it when needed.
IMG_20231227_154527343.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back