Leveling an aquarium?

sweetcoralina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Just want to know is this level enough? The sides are not perfect but the front, back and middle all seems to be perfectly fine. This is a 65.4 AIO from water box, so not something like 100g+. The first two photos are the sides then other three are front, middle and back. Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_5133.jpeg IMG_5136.jpeg IMG_5137.jpeg IMG_5138.jpeg IMG_5139.jpeg

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Just want to know is this level enough? The sides are not perfect but the front, back and middle all seems to be perfectly fine. This is a 65.4 AIO from water box, so not something like 100g+. The first two photos are the sides then other three are front, middle and back. Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_5133.jpeg IMG_5136.jpeg IMG_5137.jpeg IMG_5138.jpeg IMG_5139.jpeg
Trying to get perfect level is putting the cart before the horse. If its 1)between the lines and 2)any small slope is the same direction (meaning if the front is toward the right line and the back is also toward the right line, if ones going one way and the others going the other way you may have a balance issue.) Then you are good. Even if its quite off, its generally fine but you'll see the slope in the top water line unless you got a canopy or trim that covers the water line (protip).

What you absolutely dont want is any sort of wobble in the stand. If it wobbles then there is play, and play + live weight = dangerous (Im not talking about for the tank at that point who cares I mean you wouldnt want the tank to fall on someone, especially not a child).

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. My advice is add some water and check again. In general, if you are at or near perfect level you are fine.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%

Back