Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ack!! So my levels are out of control- this SEEMED to happen over three days-
I am making water to do a big water change, but my question is this-
I have a ATO with Kalkwasser,
And I add the recommended amount of Polypro One in the am.
I think this might be double dosing something?
I was only using the Kalkwasser to keep the Ph stable, but maybe these both together are bad??

clsanchez77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what Polypro is and searching it does not come up with anything coral or aquarium related.

What levels are out of control? Kalkwasser is nothing more than Calcium and Alkalinity in the form of Hydroxide. If you are dosing kalkwasser by means of an ATO, then there is your first problem. You need to be dosing kalkwasser as a fixed daily amount. Now I know many people do it the other way, but they are not the ones having issues right now. Until you resolve your issue, you need to know how much kalkwasser you are putting in the tank and that impossible to know if you are basing it on an ATO system.

Second, what are your test levels for alk and calcium? You did not provide any, and that is pretty important information. If you overdosed kalkwasser, that is one problem. If the kalkwasser is not keeping up, that is a different problem. I have some ideas, but we need some test results.

Now if your issue is only pH, ignore it. pH without know alkalinity is not of any use.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back