Lid on my rotifer bucket

joekidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lid is only pushed down on one side to where there is about a two inch gap on the other side allowing air to enter and escape.

In between clutches I let my rotifers go or at least I thought I did. After a few days of totally not touching them I checked my bucket and saw a few still in there. I started feeding phyto again but didn't do the water changes. Two weeks of feeding and no water changes I got them back up to density. I took the lid off today to do a water change, it was covered in brown thick skimmate from the air stone. You don't hear about people using lids But this can't be a bad thing, can it?

Last edited:

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My lid is only pushed down on one side to where there is about a two inch gap on the other side allowing air to enter and escape.

In between clutches I let my rotifers go or at least I thought I did. After a few days of totally not touching them I checked my bucket and saw a few still in there. I started feeding phyto again but didn't do the water changes. Two weeks of feeding and no water changes I got them back up to density. I took the lid off today to do a water change, it was covered in brown thick skimmate from the air stone. You don't hear about people using lids But this can't be a bad thing, can it?
Both my cultures have lids, they get some gunk on them, but the lid shape likely allows gunk to fall back into the water. No issues with having lids as far as I can tell, my cultures seem to be OK.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back