14   0   0
Aqua illumination prime would be ideal

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddysea 4 bulb t5 was my 1st actual light. Id recomend upgrading two bulbs to ati or giessman bulbs. An actinic and aquablue special or lagoon. Coral + or purple + ect.
I think kessils are nice but i cant reccomend the spread or what would cover your 20gal sorry.
D

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddysea 4 bulb t5 was my 1st actual light. Id recomend upgrading two bulbs to ati or giessman bulbs. An actinic and aquablue special or lagoon. Coral + or purple + ect.
I think kessils are nice but i cant reccomend the spread or what would cover your 20gal sorry.
D

My nano is a 20 gallon. One kessil 160 would actually do it with correct placement of coral. Two 160's will require lower settings or you'll fry some LPS.

A couple T5's and a kessil would be cool. Just a couple t5's would do it too.

Another cheaper option to consider is Current orbit marine setup's. Get two lights and two of the medium sized pumps, whatever deal lets you do that the cheapest and you'll have a remote and a feed option. Par i have measured and its fine for SPS at the top and LPS and softies elsewhere.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a Kessil A80 on my Fluval 13.5.... Now that I have the AI Prime 16HD on it I regret ever getting the Kessil. Higher mounting options, better spread, more power, more control ability with the Prime.
I agree the A80 is limited in power. The refugium version is good for like a 5 gallon refugium or less. I assume the blue version on a 10 gallon or so would be limiting.

A 160 kessil however is another story. It's sufficient for a 20 gallon. Two would be well more than enough for any corals... you'll run them lower or fry stuff...

Here's my current use (growing phyto) for the kessil refugium light, H80, or whatever its called:
20210322_225425.jpg
20210322_225425.jpg

Aquachristik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea for the A80. Might give it a try. Have always wanted to cultivate phyto and pods.
I agree the A80 is limited in power. The refugium version is good for like a 5 gallon refugium or less. I assume the blue version on a 10 gallon or so would be limiting.

A 160 kessil however is another story. It's sufficient for a 20 gallon. Two would be well more than enough for any corals... you'll run them lower or fry stuff...

Here's my current use (growing phyto) for the kessil refugium light, H80, or whatever its called:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back