Lighting setup. Looking for a change

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 1.5 year old 220 72x30x24. Currently I use 3 Radion XR30 g4 pros with diffusers tthey are suspended from an ecotech rail at about 9” above the water. I am thinking of rearranging some of the rock work to make the ends of the tank rock scape not as high into the water column which I’m hoping will be better for my lps. I am also debating turning the 3 xr30s so they run front to back and moving them to mainly cover the larger area between the 2 braces? Will that make the ends too dark? I’d like to avoid having the light picks directly over the brace as the water level in my tank is quite high and the braces are always covered with salt residue.

IMG_8982.jpeg
IMG_8981.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ever think to just add supplemental lighting? like a cheap aliexpress LED bar? you wont know for sure what you'll need to do until the rockwork is moved around as you mentioned, so perhaps planning ahead with buying the LED bar could help solve any lighting issues that could come up after you move rocks around.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great. I like the idea mentioned above about supplemental lighting. Keep it simple, no drastic changes that could stress the corals

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 82 33.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back