lighting

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a gthought i had a razor for a 75g tank i shorted the light because my hands were wet. okfine went to my LFS to buy new lights they hhad a pair of 32 hydra lights they work but i don't get brighter lighting then i should. Spoke to my LFS guys and now there saying you should get 2 reef reef brite strips i checked the par for the Hydro's they came in at 125 in the corners on the bottom 250 in the middle of the tank i get 280 on the left side and 290 on the right side problem is i don't have rocks 2-3 inches from the top anybody know about reef brite lighting could use some thoughts tahnks Gary

OP
OP
G

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
accordig to the lfs which came out to check them it was 125 on the bottom mid tank was 250 par he got it some what a brighter blue in color this is all new to me intensity what i told you is alli know if you can help in anyway that would be great they are telling me reef brite works well not that pricy and he says i need 3 strips i guess aroud 500 plus the corals i wanted were acro's just swiyched over to leather and soft they seem to worli dohave 2 acros that are stil hanging on thanks so much for asking

OP
OP
G

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What intensity do you have your lights at?
125 in the corners 250 mid tank 280on the left side 290 right side if that's what your asking me people say reef brite would be better then my 2 hydra 32 lights just trying to find somebody that has reef brite lights the lfs says i wouldneed 2 strips my tank is 75g still can't get a answer from them yet don't know what to think i have 2 acro's growing very very slowly they have not turned white on me yet just try ing to figure out what i need to grow a half dozen acro's amazing it's tough as hell

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those are PAR numbers...I mean is what is your light intensity output? Should be a percent.

Reef brite par is not a lot and I use mine just for the blue POP at 100% and they don't add a lot of par. I'd have to dig the par meter put to check again but when we installed our 72" XHO I was suprised at how little par went up with it at 100%.

If you want coverage and par go with T5 Or more hydra.

OP
OP
G

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are PAR numbers...I mean is what is your light intensity output? Should be a percent.

Reef brite par is not a lot and I use mine just for the blue POP at 100% and they don't add a lot of par. I'd have to dig the par meter put to check again but when we installed our 72" XHO I was suprised at how little par went up with it at 100%.

If you want coverage and par go with T5 Or more hydra.
somebody told me reef brite but if i have to get to higher number maybe go for the money and get hydra 64 a pair of them should work i think its close to 9 pm now so my lighting is going to moon light iin about 5 minutes going to the lfs tomprrow need some mag. and i will do a tank cleaning tomorrow as soon as my lights go on 11 AM thankks for the help i will get back to you when i find out more thanks again gary

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The reefbrites will add a lot of color that vendors use to take pictures with and make your tank look really pretty.

They are good lights.

OP
OP
G

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reefbrites will add a lot of color that vendors use to take pictures with and make your tank look really pretty.

They are good lights.
will i get enough par for growing acro's what's your thoughts thanks gary

OP
OP
G

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each XHO is roughly 1.5 T5s. Mine add about 80-100 PAR throughout the tank
ok need more help i don't know what is XHO and when you say adds 80-100 par is thata long with the rest of your lights or if i buy 2 reef brite strips would that be enough to grow acros the reaason i'm asking abbout reef brite i understand they are not a ton of money so if you can help me decide or give me an answer about lights for acro's i would be very thankful thanks gary

OP
OP
G

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok need more help i don't know what is XHO and when you say adds 80-100 par is thata long with the rest of your lights or if i buy 2 reef brite strips would that be enough to grow acros the reaason i'm asking abbout reef brite i understand they are not a ton of money so if you can help me decide or give me an answer about lights for acro's i would be very thankful thanks gary
maybe the t-5 i will get a better idea in the morning havve somebody coming to see what we can get out of it if anything at all

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 98 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back