Lights

dc tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my lights to ramp up too 80 then come down if I wanted to keep them at 80 for 5 hours should I add a hour and week at a time or do it all in one go

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on what corals you have and what kind of lights. In most cases, a slow increase over days or weeks is better than all at once. I run my lights for 12.5 hours of which 8 are at the highest levels.

OP
OP
dc tank

dc tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on what corals you have and what kind of lights. In most cases, a slow increase over days or weeks is better than all at once. I run my lights for 12.5 hours of which 8 are at the highest levels.
I have Red Sea 50 and I have hammers and soft coral. What I have done is let it get to 80 then let it stay for a hour then start to come down and I will add a hour each week

OP
OP
dc tank

dc tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Red Sea 50 and I have hammers and soft coral. What I have done is let it get to 80 then let it stay for a hour then start to come down and I will add a hour each week

Attachments

• IMG_4640.png
    IMG_4640.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 30

Reef Psychology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d recommend aiming for a ramp up over two hours on both ends and 6-8 hours at peak. World Wide Corals have a quick ramp up of one hour, peak with blue/white for half the day, then crank down the whites for the other half of the day. You can’t go wrong with the Red Sea LED at most settings so choose what looks good to you. Just expand the highs over time and watch you corals to see how they like the change.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back