Little white blotch on Purple Tang

jdlc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tang has a small white-ish blotch on its side. Swimming and eating normally. Was wondering if this might be ich??
I picked up some melafix but wanted to know if anyone has had success treating with this before?
I understand it can foam up and that's supposed to be normal
Any advice welcome thanks!

Attachments

• 20240506_110203.mp4
    46.8 MB
  • 20240506_110203_1.mp4
    10.5 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Purple tang has a small white-ish blotch on its side. Swimming and eating normally. Was wondering if this might be ich??
I picked up some melafix but wanted to know if anyone has had success treating with this before?
Looks like a posy t injury or scratch that is starting to heal BUT cant clearly make it out as the focus was in and out and video length of 7 seconds was too short to clearly see.
Please repost video as opportunity offers of at least 20 seconds under brighter white intensity

OP
OP
jdlc

jdlc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a clearer video

Attachments

• 20240506_122959.mp4
    21.3 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Here's a clearer video
These spots are raised and not post infection but mucus cones possibly from a skin irritation and may be mixed in with ich especially if the dots have increased the last day or two. and often not present on other occupants.
You will want to quarantine fish and treat with coppersafe at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks like a minor scrape to me.

I'd skip the Melafix. It is more of a "tonic" than an actual medication....like those "not evaluated by the FDA" supplements they sell for people)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back