Little white bugs

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, should have pods in there as your system matures. Might not see as many as a reef system fed phytoplankton or other tiny foods but pods should be there.

OP
OP
gorrita

gorrita

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid question,what happens in a water change do I loose them

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might lose some of the free swimmers or if you clean your substrate. In reality unless you have fish actively feeding on them before they can reproduce; it would be really hard for you to even make a dent in their population.
They are a really good food source for many fish, so encouraging their growth is something you may want to look at (if not already).

OP
OP
gorrita

gorrita

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might lose some of the free swimmers or if you clean your substrate. In reality unless you have fish actively feeding on them before they can reproduce; it would be really hard for you to even make a dent in their population.
They are a really good food source for many fish, so encouraging their growth is something you may want to look at (if not already).
Since I have no refugium or live rock,they just showed up . What's the best way to keep them going

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another way to keep them going (along with feeding them) is to have something for the adults to live in. Do you have any rock in your system? If there's any in there it will help,

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As systems mature more critters will appear,pods will feed on junk in sand, bed , live rock, fuge ,macro algae, lot of ways to keep em going.u just want to look out for pests,Google usually has pretty good sources for pests.then u know what u don't want in your system

OP
OP
gorrita

gorrita

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know , but wont I have to get a special light for LR. Trying to keep cost down and still enjoy a nice tank

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know , but wont I have to get a special light for LR. Trying to keep cost down and still enjoy a nice tank
you don't need any special light for the rocks. Really you don't need any light, you could put them in a dark tub and they will be just fine. You only need special lighting for corals.
The rocks in addition to providing natural filtration for the tank, are a great place for the copepods to colonize and grow. They also create structures that are hiding places for timid fish and such.

Back