Local rock source

SlowAndStupid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to collect dry rock to transition over to a saltwater tank and need a lot. Are there any local sources in North Alabama to avoid shipping large quantities?

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding used rock is always the cheapest method, just hunt around on here or other online communities for your area. There's someone doing a tank teardown pretty much every week in HSV.

OP
OP
S

SlowAndStupid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks will continue to look online here. Didn't know if there was a LFS that carried some as I'll be over in Huntsville this weekend.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks will continue to look online here. Didn't know if there was a LFS that carried some as I'll be over in Huntsville this weekend.

Aquatic Cove
How much do you need? I have some I may can part with.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1000 gallon tank I am converting from fresh to saltwater. Reading about making and curing diy rock given the volume I need.
Yea. That’s a good bit. You could look into some of the ceramic cubes or spheres if you don’t want to use as much rock

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1000 gallon tank I am converting from fresh to saltwater. Reading about making and curing diy rock given the volume I need.
Ha, you're the second guy in that area with a 1k+ gallon tank. Y'all just really like massive tanks up there?

jttide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some as well. I live in Killen, Al. If anyone has any I am definitely willing to drive and get it. I’ll be needing it in the next few weeks.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of good rock. Bought loads of rock about two years ago. Been in my garage with a pair of clownfish and some mollys. I’ve been trying to get myself interested in the hobby again since I moved to hville, but I’m kind of thinking I may just downsize to a nano and be done with big stuff. If you need anything, I’m sure I have it somewhere in my garage, as sad as that sounds.
Madison, AL

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back