long tentacle anemone help

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like its doing just fine let it aclimate give it some time looks very healthy imo

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys the anemone isn’t looking so good clowns just keep messing with to the point where is getting torne its foot :/ decided to take a risk and put it in a bucket as the clown wanted to jump inside the bin in the tank even doe it was on the surface :( did i make the right call ? There are more white stuff coming out of its foot and don’t want it to nuke my tank as I have many expensive peace’s of coral there :/
Should I put an air ston in there for him power head will kill iTunes also put an old 165 watt led box on top
If it with only blues on looking better in there I put two air stones in there I fear my Clark’s where the problem as my tanks chemistry was in the right point
Stable except recently my phosphates when the anemone started throwing things around

451CF49A-98CE-4AFA-B662-6EAD2416D62B.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also all also all night it was deflated and looked verry small :(

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah is been super little all night and the Clarkis are not taking and interest in it and maybe u are right I should separate them maybe putting the anemone on a bucket ?
I just don’t want the Clarkis to die :/ of stress
Also is not sticky no more like it used to wont even grab food no more :/
Foot is healing but the mouth not looking good :/

The clowns are not going to die from the stress of not being in the LTA.

Please keep us aware. But if the LTA goes into slim status, please remove it so you don't have to do an emergency 50% water change.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed the anemone and put it in a bucket due to the fact was loosing a lot of skin from its foot and it was closed up all night like if it was stressed making a 2 gallon tank with 4 inches of sand bed with a kessil in it so it could recober there

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know tons about anemones, but that torn foot doesn't look good. I think the bucket with aeration and light is the smart way to go for now.

~Bruce

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know tons about anemones, but that torn foot doesn't look good. I think the bucket with aeration and light is the smart way to go for now.

~Bruce
Thanks :( I believe the anemone was a bad idea as it was in a tank for a really long time and I got it as it was looking for a new hom but it may had gotten stressed as it was old and big and a new environment stressed the heck out of him :/
Now I am scared of getting an anemone :(

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel so bad for the little guy :( I love animals so much I hate to see him go :(
His foot is looking worst water chemistry where his is is fine no higth nitrates yet
But he ain’t looking so good :(

70D90A3F-D7EF-4306-8F11-EA1F94CF726B.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:/ yeah he is dying slowly today he just looks like a ball from the foot but from the tentacles is verry opened he ate a shrimp and feels sticky and is verry green and purple have no idea why his foot looks like that :(

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont give up yet. Set up the small tank and id you could get some cipro to treat with he could still pull through...

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at this point its vulnerable to bacterial infections more than anything. once they tear open like that its more fatal than recovery.(hate to say it)

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree with u :/ it is not looking well today tank is all set up got some Cipro but at this point the legs is all torn and did. Not open at all :/

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say but as I mentioned before, they rarely if ever recover from foot injuries, and I'd suspect that as your main issue all along.
It may have been injured from when you got it, it's easy to tear foot pulling once anchored.

Honestly, looking at that foot as it is now, I'd call it a valiant effort, move on, research for next time.

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes :/ I lost the figth and thank you all for all ur help any idea why it died maybe stress ?
Since it was old ?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%

Back