Long time no see, fellas, looking for some chaeto!

muppet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if anybody I remember is still here anymore. I had a bunch of medical stuff happen back in 2013 and went MIA for a long time…

Anyhow I’m looking for a ball of nice healthy chaeto if anybody has any up for grabs. I just got a melted mass of garbage from Aquarium Depot in the mail along with a pack of all dead amphipods. I didn’t know their reputation until afterwards. ☹️

I’m trying to get my somewhat newly cycled tank past the ugly stage and round out my biodiversity. I had to start with nearly all dry rock this time.

Any help? Thanks, folks!

OP
OP
M

muppet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if anybody I remember is still here anymore. I had a bunch of medical stuff happen back in 2013 and went MIA for a long time…

Anyhow I’m looking for a ball of nice healthy chaeto if anybody has any up for grabs. I just got a melted mass of garbage from Aquarium Depot in the mail along with a pack of all dead amphipods. I didn’t know their reputation until afterwards. ☹️

I’m trying to get my somewhat newly cycled tank past the ugly stage and round out my biodiversity. I had to start with nearly all dry rock this time.

Any help? Thanks, folks!
Wow it says I’m a new member and my charming avatar is gone.

What a diss.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any help? Thanks, folks!
Hi, welcome back

OP
OP
M

muppet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I’m rarely on FB anymore but I’ll send a join request. :)

The last little bit of the mostly dead chaeto I got from Aquarium Depot just blew out of my fuge and into little bits all over my filter, so…

Sigh.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I’m rarely on FB anymore but I’ll send a join request. :)

The last little bit of the mostly dead chaeto I got from Aquarium Depot just blew out of my fuge and into little bits all over my filter, so…

Sigh.
Mine is picking back up but looks a little rough. I can rinse it off some in tap water, clean it up if you need some. Going out of town Sunday but if you need it before then I'm in Haddam.

OP
OP
M

muppet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is picking back up but looks a little rough. I can rinse it off some in tap water, clean it up if you need some. Going out of town Sunday but if you need it before then I'm in Haddam.
Thanks DBurr!

I actually need to clean up my refugium box (no sump yet.. I’m working on it) as I’m just finally cresting the cyano hill. Actually my params have been leveling out around 5 NO3 and 0.05 PO4 and I JUST killed off a swathe of dinos so I may need to wait a bit anyway.

Thanks for the offer and sorry to be a pain but I think I may actually wait a little bit now, I don’t want to hit 0 PO4 and see dinos again. It took me MONTHS to kill these monsters.

Maybe when you come back?

Thanks again.

OP
OP
M

muppet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1091.jpeg

current status (the uglies)

The good part is the dinos are near non-existent after fighting them for a year

OP
OP
M

muppet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1111.jpeg

SERIOUS reduction in uglies, but I keep seeing small resurgences of “dino bubbles”.

Super frustrating. One thing that seriously helped was adding 9000 tisbe pods, but my biodiversity still isn’t up to snuff.

RandyDucati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any help? Thanks, folks!
I just submitted and Credit card claim about them been waiting 4 weeks and nothing. I've submitted 3 emails to them and crickets is all I got.
I'm switching to
floridareeflabs.com

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got chaeto if you need some, but I have to warn you I have had ich in my system..... so I should say I have ich in my system.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back