Long White String Coming From Banggai Cardinal

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I noticed a long white sting of poop coming from one of my cardinals. It has persisted for the last 20 mins or so. I have been on vacation for a week- auto feeder delivers flake food and i returned yesterday and re-started daily feedings of reef frenzy and nutramar ova.

Fish is eating, swimming and behaving completely normally. From searches I’ve done I suspect a parasite, but it (and all other fish in the tank) went though QT with two full rounds of Prazipro. Should I just continue to observe or consider treatment?? Below is best pic I could take of it. Many thanks!

76cac8bc4f060c2012a94b7c69b0349e.jpg

OP
OP
TechnicalFisher

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, that’s what I was afraid of. OK just ordered MetroPlex and Focus, sounds like careful dosing of soaked food directly to DT is the best approach?? Thanks very much for the insight and quick answers!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is correct :)
Ugh, that’s what I was afraid of. OK just ordered MetroPlex and Focus, sounds like careful dosing of soaked food directly to DT is the best approach?? Thanks very much for the insight and quick answers!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back