Looking for a fish.... Tang?

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the deal, I am currently in the middle of an upgrade, going from a 34 gallon half round tank, to a 95g very long, and wide tank (shallow). In my current tank (34g) I unfortunately have a horrible algae problem. It's some species of macroalgae and its flaky (brown), grows close to the rocks and in the sand. It hitchhiked in on some frags I purchased from someone (curse you :crossedlips:) and I'm SURE it will manage to get in my new tank somehow when I transfer corals over. I'm looking for a VORACIOUS algae eating fish, maybe a Tang of sorts? I heard that the Purple Tang would be a good bet but can be aggressive towards other fish. I've tried numerous measures to eradicate this stuff, but its near impossible. Maybe I'll end up trying a Sea Hare... Any suggestions?

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Scopas Tang. Easily one of the most overlooked tangs but it can have really great colors especially if you find one with a bright blue trim around the top fin. Once upon a time when I had a bigger tank my scopas would clean everything I put in the tank. He/she was also very friendly and would only react to confrontations and never initiate them. It was a very small fish when I got it and it still lives on in a buddies frag tank. Plus at $20 -$30 you can't beat that price.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+381&pcatid=381

OP
OP
ddr_phish

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, guys, I think I'm gonna go with the Scopas Tang. I was initially turned-off of them just because of their coloration, but hopefully I can find a nice specimen.

Back