Looking for a manufacturer

jayjerk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all. I'm looking for someone to give me quotes on a tank build. already got a few looking for some more options.

Thanks

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can all thank the English language here...

By "tank build" do you mean you want to have a tank constructed, or that you need help installing a tank? (Not many places do both AFAIK.)

johnwick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most find the silicone sloppy and cuts to be off but there are plenty of others with a good experience. I believe they are only popular because they are one of the few with a website for you to price a build. My advice is to check with a couple of good LFS in your area, get their recommendations and then use their vendor for the custom build. That should also mean they will ship to the store rather than a random drop ship, while giving you a voice as a consumer if anything goes wrong.

OP
OP
J

jayjerk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most find the silicone sloppy and cuts to be off but there are plenty of others with a good experience. I believe they are only popular because they are one of the few with a website for you to price a build. My advice is to check with a couple of good LFS in your area, get their recommendations and then use their vendor for the custom build. That should also mean they will ship to the store rather than a random drop ship, while giving you a voice as a consumer if anything goes wrong.
Awesome feed back. Thanks for the help. Ive been reaching out to people and that size seems to be an issue. I am on the prowl. I'm in no rush but it's something I want done by years end

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 200 built by Concept about a year ago.

I got prices from a bunch of places- here they are roughly from cheap to expensive:

Concept Aquariums
Oceans by design
Miracles
Coast to Coast
Reef Savvy
Deep Sea Aquatics

Planet Aquarium in Texas is another option, but I don't know about their cost

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back