Looking for advice on dosing reservoir placement

Masher76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Quick question. I plan on mounting 2 Neptune DOS’s in my stand near my sump. I am considering mounting the associated Neptune DDR’s in a cabinet which is situated above and to the right of my aquarium for ease of access to refill them. I know I will get some help moving my dosing liquids to the DOS’s from gravity as the DDR’s will be about 3 ft above but I am wondering if there will be any issues with this setup. Has anyone ever mounted their reservoirs above the level of the tank?

I posted this question to the Neptune User Forums and got nothing but crickets. I figured I would ask over here where the community is much more responsive and helpful. :) Thank you all.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should not be an issue as long as the tubing in the doser is in good shape. Over time the tubing gets distorted and may not seal completely letting it form a syphon and possibly draining your dosing containers. That is assuming the output is lower that your containers. You could dose into the tank instead of the sump to avoid the possibility of a syphon happening. I would set it up so it’s imposible for syphon to happen in either direction just to be safe.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back