Looking for live camera for fish tank while on vacation.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tend Secure Pro 2 : You can get a 2 Pack for less than $90 on Amazon and they have built in mircophones and speaker (for talk back function). They come with free cloud storage too. You can have one for the display and the other on the sump. They’re hard to beat for the price. I like these probably a little better than my Arlo systems which I used up until recently, however these do require a plug.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use YI Home camera. $70 on Amazon I think. It is HD (1080 x 720) with rotatable dome. Easy to setup and available on smart phone and PC. Pretty neat.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amcrest HD from amazon.... PTZ and have one in the stand to monitor the sump....
137ea20b9e0e10301df0a2ab6a884b42.jpg

freshy&salty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends on the features you want. I use the Dlink full hd pan& tilt wifi cam DCS-8525lh. It has night vision, motion activation, sound activation, 2 way talking, 360 degree rotation, pinch to zoom, cloud/local/sd storage, 50/60 mhz options, app controlled, and wifi.
I have 2 tanks in the same room and can pan my cam left/right, up/down from anywhere i am and see both tanks. Its not the cheapest on the market (84.99) but im really happy with the quality for the options i have available.
37125165_2018-07-15_16-19-16.jpeg

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Proctor614

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few YI home cameras also as well. Love them. I have one under my cabinet so I can see (and hear) how the skimmer and other stuff are doing. It can pan as well.
Any issues with minimum focusing distance? We want to put a cam in our stand (180gal) as well.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in a Wyse last week. You just can't beat the $20 price tag. Their install instructions and videos say they can be installed in 15 minutes. However, the install time is a function of age - it took an old fart like me an hour.

Here's a link: https://www.wyzecam.com/

FWIW, I successfully got to view my DT from Portugal this past July. As per Apex usability with the Wyse, don't bother! You don't need it! My Apex Fusion worked nicely from Portugal, as did my Wyse ~ there's no rational reason to combine them.

Mkissane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all can anyone recommend a camera where I can monitor my reef while on vacation? Not trying to spend $100+ it could even be a home surveillance camera

I want to be able to have a live video 24/7 that I can monitor during any time of the day.
Wyze works well. Inexpensive and easy to setup. Got the recommendation on this forum and happy with my choice.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just reading about the Wyze and the concerns that its actually sending all the info to a 3rd party to over seas IP addesses, China, Japan, etc. This has be a bit worried. I see one person actually tried to change the IP and the Wyze rerouted it again the next day.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just reading about the Wyze and the concerns that its actually sending all the info to a 3rd party to over seas IP addesses, China, Japan, etc. This has be a bit worried. I see one person actually tried to change the IP and the Wyze rerouted it again the next day.
It's a service provider and not something shady, you can read a statement they issued about it. I was worried as well but once I learned what was happening I wasnt anymore.

Back