Low PH with airline from outside

KanyeWest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an airline from outside to my protein skimmer with 5 air stones, i am getting plenty of air from outside but my ph only went from 7.7 to 7.8. The air intake outside is facing down and 4 inches away from the ground, could that be the issue?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an airline from outside to my protein skimmer with 5 air stones, i am getting plenty of air from outside but my ph only went from 7.7 to 7.8. The air intake outside is facing down and 4 inches away from the ground, could that be the issue?
What are you using to check pH?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by 5 air stones?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The location of the intake outside is unimportant unless it is right next to the outlet of a gas appliance.

Aerating as you are doing is competing with potentially high CO2 air aerating the tank top. That can limit the effectiveness.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back