Macro tank felt cute, might change it's water later, idk

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Felt like showing off the tank and seeing what others thought! Advice, comments, concerns, all are welcome!

Feel like I don't see enough macros in people's DT!

1000014284.jpg
1000014286.jpg
1000014316.jpg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a "display" refugium on my frag system where macro grows rampant along with rock, sand and a variety of inverts. Macro doesn't last long in my display, my tang, angel and starry blenny devour it.

OP
OP
SlasherZ

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a "display" refugium on my frag system where macro grows rampant along with rock, sand and a variety of inverts. Macro doesn't last long in my display, my tang, angel and starry blenny devour it.
The only guy in mine who eats it is an arrow crab. Thank goodness he got a taste for the green dot, because it was clove polyps before that and the fireworks were almost gone!

OP
OP
SlasherZ

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple. I just trimmed the red stuff. Traded it to the LFS for some water and the green stuff.
IMG_6503.jpg
I love my branching string of pearls, which is what I think the red stuff is. I try and sell my clippings for 5-10$ on marketplace, hadn't thought about bringing it in for store credit! That green stuff looks like euchema maybe? Awesome setup!

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a sweet little lounge next to that tank so it's my decompress corner next to the macro tank... And good music is essential.
I have seen them like 6 times. Big fan. I like to roll into the beach town on vacation with the windows down and Stick Figure blaring...

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my branching string of pearls, which is what I think the red stuff is. I try and sell my clippings for 5-10$ on marketplace, hadn't thought about bringing it in for store credit! That green stuff looks like euchema maybe? Awesome setup!
The red stuff is red grape calupera I think.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green stuff might be codium?

OP
OP
SlasherZ

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this crazy racemosa, but it kept getting out of hand. I trimmed it to far back and lost it.

image0 (6).jpeg
Is that the green dot vining one? I've got plenty of extra! Don't mind sending you some if you pay for the shipping.

OP
OP
SlasherZ

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen them like 6 times. Big fan. I like to roll into the beach town on vacation with the windows down and Stick Figure blaring...
I love how he does it all himself, but always wondered how it worked on a stage... I guess he brings friends for that? He's definitely on my beach playlist!

OP
OP
SlasherZ

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look of these tanks! I'm going to add some to my mantis tank once it's running.
They're not just pretty! They make great snacks for your Critters and also great nutrient exporters!

OP
OP
SlasherZ

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, just looked into it, the recorded stuff is all a one man band, but he's got a dedicated crew for his tours they call the live band. Cool stuff!
(coco is so cute!)
Oh, I think it is an entire band, like 4 guys, and complete with dog (Coco)...

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 44.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 58 46.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back