Magtool Skimmer question

Morpheus77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a magtool SQ50 protein skimmer, been running about 24 hrs now, still breaking in. Of course the instructions are nill. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of Gap A and B are? What do they do exactly?? So aggravating to get instructions that tell you absolutely nothing. I emailed Magtool customer 10 hrs ago, and haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks in advance.

20230608_182228.jpg

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The A and B openings are gate valves for controlling the water level inside the skimmer reaction chamber. When you turn the upper reaction chamber (or waste collecting cup), A/B openings open or close the gaps accordingly. When the gaps open, some water is pushed through them from the bottom hence water level drops/lowers. The wider the opening gaps, the more water is being pushed out. And vice versa.
By adjusting the air input and water leveling, you control how wet or dry of the gunk skimmed.

IMG_2992.JPG

OP
OP
Morpheus77

Morpheus77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see now, starting to make sense now. Thanks for the info, my last skimmer was a red sea prism, that was a long time ago, the tech has changed. Ty again.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Prism, LOL I had one of those, I do not even see those even being offered on the used market anymore.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 64 27.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back