Making glass baffles for sump

keithp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the jager is supposed to be fully submersible but I have tried to avoid it. Is it common to lay it across the bottom?

OP
OP
AndyOneTwentyFive

AndyOneTwentyFive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the jager is supposed to be fully submersible but I have tried to avoid it. Is it common to lay it across the bottom?

Yeah I don't see a problem with it. I've done this with all of my heaters as I enjoy not having to turn them off for a water change. I have never owned a jäger though so I hope it's ok.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well guys I got the sump done. I wasted quite a bit of glass in the process and it's beyond ugly but I think it will perform well.
image.jpeg

Menards only had black silicone. =\ Can't see it well but water will flow in on the left side (drains submerged) then spill over filter floss suspended by lighting diffuser. Water will then flow under the next baffle into the skimmer section. (I will need to build a skimmer stand out of lighting diffuser as this chamber is about 14" deep) finally water will flow through a bubble trap into the return/heating section. I made this section large enough to accommodate the length of a 300w eheim jäger. I will also be drilling a 10 gallon tank to use as a refugium which will pick up water from a specific chamber and drain into another (not sure exactly which ones that will be)

How is that sump holding out? I am going to get that same aqueon. what size were your baffles in width? would you keep the baffles the same size or make them bigger or smaller?
Let me know. Thanks.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back