Mandarinfish in a nano?

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had long term success keeping a Mandarin Dragonet in a nano tank. Most of the literature I’ve read says you need a 30 gallon tank at the minimum but I’m curious to hear if anyone’s successfully kept them in a smaller tank. Or am I making too big a deal about tank size and it’s the amount of pods available that really matters?

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible? yes. Reccomended? No. You could start a biota captive bred, for sure, but a full grown adult even with supplemental feeding will likely not fare well.

They need to be able to constantly graze cope pods which in a nano (even a mature one) will be depleted quite quickly. You would probably need to have a benthic pod culture with daily additions for long term success.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back