Maracyn vs Maracyn 2 vs Maracyn oxy

rwp101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a simple question but I was having difficulty finding some off the info online. I understand the technical difference between Maracyn and Maracyn 2 is it working on gram negative vs gram positive but I'm not entirely sure what that means. And I don't know what the difference is for Maracyn oxy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This may be a simple question but I was having difficulty finding some off the info online. I understand the technical difference between Maracyn and Maracyn 2 is it working on gram negative vs gram positive but I'm not entirely sure what that means. And I don't know what the difference is for Maracyn oxy
Maracyn Oxy mainly treats fungal issues and some bacterial. Maracyn which is ethromyacin works well on gram negative bacterial issues a its a broad-spectrum antibiotic which works well for pathogenic bacteria, popeye, eye injuries and open sores.
Maracyn 2 also a gram negative treatment is easily absorbed by a fish and treats internally and externally and more broad in treating bacterial -fungal- and other issues

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 34.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back