i saw their 300 at macna this year and it was gorgeous
very well made
id get one if i had the money

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want one of these tanks as well. The only negative comments that i've heard are regarding the overflows. They are only drilled for 1" bulkheads on the drains, not sure if it's the same for the returns, and most people end up using both holes for the drain and having to modify the overflow teeth. Still a great tank for the money, i believe there around $1800 for just the tank

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $1600 for mine with starfire front panel and I love it. Great tank and price

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got there 93g cube and stand. Stand was built good. Overflow is ok both are one inch drains but the PVC is 1.5 inches and they use a reducer right before the drilled hole so it is only a one inch hole. I would deffenitly buy from them again if I didn't want rimless.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A full set up with every thing like Tank/Stand/Pump/Skimmer/Sump/Heaters/Extra Pumps would run retail $3,000 at my LFS.

I thought about getting one,but it would take me forever to get it filled with corals,and the rock to fill it with to!

Triggerman77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend of mine here in NC just bought a 3 month old 300 wit h starfire front for i think $1000 tank stand and hood It is a beautiful setup I looked at it and passed it up!! BC i love my 240cube too much. Very sweet tanks Go for it youll love it its huge :)

seth&angelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On mine, I just took out both overflows and plugged the holes. I redrilled it with a 1 1/2'' drain, and made my own overflow out of black acrylic.

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On mine, I just took out both overflows and plugged the holes. I redrilled it with a 1 1/2'' drain, and made my own overflow out of black acrylic.
that's what i was thinking about doing if i got one... Would it be possible to go over one of the old holes with a 1 1/2" hole saw? instead of cutting entirely new holes?

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottoms I am sure are tempered glass guys, they drill them before they temper the glass, only way around it is to drill the back glass unless you can order it without
They temper the bottom for added strength after they drill the holes, I bet if you called them and ordered one you can get 1.5" holes
They will probably charge a little extra but I heard they will allow you to make changes if you order one
I am not upgrading till Jan or feb, wife wants me to wait till after Christmas :)

bobbyp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, not trying to jack your thread, but i have a marineland 300 that "needs a new home". if your interested and anywhere close to SC feel free to pm me for details.

bobbyp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have an actual picture of their tank and the overflow?
IMAG0484.jpg
here's a pic for you.

wiltzlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine... I got mine from the same place as Seth and had the 2 overflows removed and replaced with one. Works well and is alot less noticeable.

Getting plumbed at the shop
DSC_0699.jpg

Putting it in at the house
DSC_0712.jpg

When it was 1st setup
DSC_0044.jpg

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had room for that, I like the extra Depth (front to back room)

I think it would look great

Back