Marineland 65g quality? LFS back ordered Seapora.

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had order a Seapora tank, but there is fulfillment issues. The LFS offered us a Marineland tank of the same size, and I said yes due to time without properly looking them up. It’s a equal exchange on order, was it worth it?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you I'd hold off until you can get the tank you really want. If they can't offer a timeline on future fulfilment, get a refund and order somewhere else. In my opinion it's not worth settling for less than exactly what you want.

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you I'd hold off until you can get the tank you really want. If they can't offer a timeline on future fulfilment, get a refund and order somewhere else. In my opinion it's not worth settling for less than exactly what you want.
I’m not too versed with either brands.. they’re both the same dimensions of what I want, but not sure how the quality is on the marine land?

I wanted the seapora because I their seams & are x10 better than petsmart topfin. But I didn’t look at the marine lands

They told me 1-2 weeks for the tank I ordered, then today told me it could be weeks more waiting on other tanks that are back order to fill their pallet - but they could get the marine land in by Monday.

Just want to make sure I didn’t make a wrong decision

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 32 gallon marineland tank is built in 2006 (purchased in 2006 or 2007), I've been using it all this time sometimes as a freshwater tank and sometimes as a salt tank, it has survived 5 or 6 moves, and today it is my seahorse tank. I'd vouch for marineland tanks, whatever thats worth to you.

Seapora is also a good brand, I've had a few of their tanks over the years.

Whichever you choose, they are both good brands.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my seaphora!! It is rimless version, they also have low iron ones I believe. I am not sure marineland makes rimless/low iron.

Marineland I think sometimes has clear silicone but others have black. My Seaphora has black, I believe they are all black.

FYi Seaphora = Deep Blue

I personally would not hesitate to buy Marineland either though, they are used a lot. I would just want to make sure it has what I want (black silicone, not sure if you did RR or not? etc).

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my seaphora!! It is rimless version, they also have low iron ones I believe. I am not sure marineland makes rimless/low iron.

Marineland I think sometimes has clear silicone but others have black. My Seaphora has black, I believe they are all black.

FYi Seaphora = Deep Blue

I personally would not hesitate to buy Marineland either though, they are used a lot. I would just want to make sure it has what I want (black silicone, not sure if you did RR or not? etc).
I’ll have to look further, i appreciate your and everyone else’s input. The owner tried to play it off like I’m getting a steal (better quality / more expensive ) in exchange since they’re behind on the timeframe promised.

I just know the seapora looked great, and that he thinks they’re discontinuing the marineland tank in my size - which has me questioning quality control?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have to look further, i appreciate your and everyone else’s input. The owner tried to play it off like I’m getting a steal (better quality / more expensive ) in exchange since they’re behind on the timeframe promised.

I just know the seapora looked great, and that he thinks they’re discontinuing the marineland tank in my size - which has me questioning quality control?

It's not a steal, cost should be close. It may just not be a popular size, who knows why they are discontinuing it.

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo
It's not a steal, cost should be close. It may just not be a popular size, who knows why they are discontinuing it.
You’re probably right, wouldn’t be selling so many of that brand if it was an actual issue. If they’re the same I rather not wait (for an unknown period of time), but probly no way of telling quality difference at the moment. Just wasn’t sure if maybe people were familiar with both.

most likely I’m just being paranoid since the order (and timeline) changed abruptly.

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 32 gallon marineland tank is built in 2006 (purchased in 2006 or 2007), I've been using it all this time sometimes as a freshwater tank and sometimes as a salt tank, it has survived 5 or 6 moves, and today it is my seahorse tank. I'd vouch for marineland tanks, whatever thats worth to you.

Seapora is also a good brand, I've had a few of their tanks over the years.

Whichever you choose, they are both good brands.
I’m glad the marineland is lasting that long! Do their quality seem similar? I think I’m just being paranoid since the order changed and they tried to sell it like I was getting a better deal. I know the seapora looked quality seals but didn’t see the mainland in person

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad the marineland is lasting that long! Do their quality seem similar? I think I’m just being paranoid since the order changed and they tried to sell it like I was getting a better deal. I know the seapora looked quality seals but didn’t see the mainland in person

Do you have a petsmart near you? They sell MarineLand and may have some in stock to look at.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 178 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back