marineland heater recall please read!

kellyjn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 watt too. Is this for the new model stealth? The old model stealth? Or both? The heater I have is the newer version with the red/green light on the thermostat dial. Don't the new models use a different style heating element that is epoxy filled, rather than the older version?

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing to do is call Marineland customer service and ask. I have read on other posts that they are accepting all Stealth models. Also.... If you have a Maxijet power head that is leaking power into your tank (I had 3 within the past week), they will replace or fix it as well. They are suppose to e-mail me all the recall items they have and also let me know of any recalls in the future. I will post these as I get them. Marineland has a great customer service!!!!!!!

OP
OP
N

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing to do is call Marineland customer service and ask. I have read on other posts that they are accepting all Stealth models. Also.... If you have a Maxijet power head that is leaking power into your tank (I had 3 within the past week), they will replace or fix it as well. They are suppose to e-mail me all the recall items they have and also let me know of any recalls in the future. I will post these as I get them. Marineland has a great customer service!!!!!!!

they should of been posting in their forum! they do support this forum

bigkai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 250 stealth started over heating my tank 2 days ago. I was freaking out my temp shot up to about 87. it was about 8 mounths old and i pulled it out this morning after reading this thread and traded it in. They gave me a aqueon 250 to replace the other one it cost about 7$ more than the stealth so not a bad trade any one used these before? I like the red and green LED light to let you know when its on. its its keeping the temp dead on right now.

Last edited:

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stealth heater recall ... new info.

Friend of mine just posted this on another forum....
I know this topic has been posted to death, but I thought I'd share my recent experience. And no this isn't a horror story of an exploding tank

I received an email this morning from Fosters telling me that my heater was recalled. Apparently all of the Stealth Pro heaters are now recalled. I had a purchased a 150w from them in September.

The problem I had was that this was heating my display tank and I really didn't have an acceptable backup. I was expecting to have to buy a new one, then deal with recall. But they were so great!

They sent me a new heater (Ehiem Jager) completely free of charge, even covered the difference in price between the 2, and when I get it - then I will send my recalled heater back. I thougth this was stand-out customer service and felt the need to share!

isakofyork001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's true, i went by petsmart and they gave me store credit no ? asked, or if you want to replace it. you don't even need a reciept

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just returned two 250w Stealth heaters at Petsmart with no issue in replacement and paid me cash for the difference.
one was very old and the other was 2 yrs old.

thanks for the post!

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have three of these that i just bought a month ago ahhh!!! how am i supposed to know if they are bad and going to blow up? can i send them in and get new ones or my money back?

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out today that they (at least foster&smith) are taking back some of the 150 watt models as well.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow this really stinks....there are a lot of us that have these and love them, i know i do! off to the fish store to trade them in

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well looks like i will be going to petco tomorrow to see if i can return mine. i just bought a 200w and 2 100w a month ago.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dam, thats the only heater thar I trust. I have one thats ceramic and oval shaped (150 watts) it has the red and green light. The other one is rounded with just a red knob, Im pretty sure its a "visi therm" though. Only heater I would trust, every other submersible heater I used would stay on forever instead of turning off like a thermostat.

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk anemonekeeper but i am going to take three back to them tomorrow afternoon ill post on here what i find out

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is outstanding customer service for sure. Too bad more companies don't operate this way.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, thats one reason I only buy marineland heaters. My petco is really good, Ill ask someone in the fist dept what they reccomend, they know the best stuff petco has. I will definitely buy marineland if they have another heater available.

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome to hear that thanks dougers31 its to bad they have an exploding problem i have liked all three that i have

Back