Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lease on the Pi expired and the router (part of the gateway) re-assigned the address. Normally people don't have a lot going on their networks so the router will just re-assign the same ip but sometimes the router decides to re-assign a new one. You can use the localhost pathing to solve this problem.

@Ranjib what is used when you make a localhost call?
Network is not required (or address change does not impact ) local host calls, as it stays within the host. For Kasa strips or any ip powered device or sensor IP change will impact and reef-pi functionality , but reef-pi 5.3 on wards users should get email /sms alerts (Assuming internet access is not impaired). If there’s internet access impairment but local WiFi is still functioning , without any IP reassignments, then everything should be fine.

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having major software issue. Reef-pi doesn't seem to be recognizing my pca9685 anymore, lights aren't working. The relay controlling my NC powerhead is stuck on. The timer for my fuge light doesn't turn the light on/off but I can switch it manually in the equipment tab.

I tried restarting the Raspberry-Pi several times. I've tried deleting outlets, equipment, timers, lights and none of it fixed anything.

Unfortunately I didn't make a back up so I'd have to start over if that's the solution.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having major software issue. Reef-pi doesn't seem to be recognizing my pca9685 anymore, lights aren't working. The relay controlling my NC powerhead is stuck on. The timer for my fuge light doesn't turn the light on/off but I can switch it manually in the equipment tab.

I tried restarting the Raspberry-Pi several times. I've tried deleting outlets, equipment, timers, lights and none of it fixed anything.

Unfortunately I didn't make a back up so I'd have to start over if that's the solution.
Do you have devmode enabled? Do you see any errors in the log ?

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unsure of either question. When I got home to check via wifi I discovered the Raspberry-Pi wasn't logged into wifi. I am going to have to connect a monitor to check. I installed the lite OS Is there a way to get to the reef-pi UI from the command prompt?

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unsure of either question. When I got home to check via wifi I discovered the Raspberry-Pi wasn't logged into wifi. I am going to have to connect a monitor to check. I installed the lite OS Is there a way to get to the reef-pi UI from the command prompt?
Not if you have the lite OS, that's the whole point I think.

You can look for that setting in the database, some commands are listed in the Troubleshooting guide.

Somebody else has already posted the command for reading the settings out of the database here.

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to start over with a fresh install over the weekend with the full OS so I can have an integrated display.

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like my Raspberry-Pi Zero W got fried somehow. The LEDs don't light up on the raspberry.

I managed to get a Raspberry-Pi 3 B from Adafruit by luck and it seems it is DOA! It powers up the desktop appears but the keyboard and mouse don't function. Also the Raspberry-Pi didn't log into my wifi so I can't SSH into the desktop.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like my Raspberry-Pi Zero W got fried somehow. The LEDs don't light up on the raspberry.

I managed to get a Raspberry-Pi 3 B from Adafruit by luck and it seems it is DOA! It powers up the desktop appears but the keyboard and mouse don't function. Also the Raspberry-Pi didn't log into my wifi so I can't SSH into the desktop.
Had a similar moment recently. Try writing another SD card with the Raspbian OS you want to use, that "resuscitated" my Pi Zero W ^^

I used the Raspberry PI Imager for that.

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided that I need to start over from scratch with my controller. I purchased a @robotank controller with power extension, sensor extension, and a PowerBar. I received them already just haven't had the time to rip out the old and reroute the wiring yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll start on it.

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realized that I need 2 power bars because I have 2 separate circuits with separate breaker and GFCI so I ordered an additional PowerBar from robotank.

I made some progress towards reworking my wiring to accommodate my new robotank controller. Unfortunately the PowerBars are too big to fit in my existing controller enclosure. I will end up completely replacing the enclosure at some point but I think for now I will cut slots or holes to make it work for now.

Before 20221008_142055.jpg

After 20221008_152521.jpg

I was planning to install the PowerBars on the right and left side vertically but the box is barely big enough to fit without the cords coming out what would be top and bottom of the PowerBars. The controller and extensions should fit in between the 2 PowerBars.

mginster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you actually have a functioning ATO with a high sensor to shut it off? There are so many bugs around macros, I cannot figure out how to do it.

OP
OP
Matt Carden

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I kinda lost steam in keeping up with all the custom work so pretty much everything on manual for now until I get up some motivation.

RobCamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lease on the Pi expired and the router (part of the gateway) re-assigned the address. Normally people don't have a lot going on their networks so the router will just re-assign the same ip but sometimes the router decides to re-assign a new one. You can use the localhost pathing to solve this problem.

@Ranjib what is used when you make a localhost call?
Most home routers allow you to permanently assign the same IP to a host name. You can go that route as well. For Asus it's under settings | lan | ip binding.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 46.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back