Mature Tank

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through the process of starting a new tank I enjoy the challenges of it going through the new phase. I had a love hate relationship with the tank maturing but always enjoyed the maintenance of a new tank. Now that the tank is fairly matured and I don’t have to do anything to it but make sure new water is available and change filters. It kinda sucks that now all Tina e to do is just sit back and enjoy it….anyone else have this problem?

IMG_5753.jpeg

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I’m a total lover of the set up and tweak period as well of all my systems. I can get bored when there is nothing else to fix haha. I always find myself more interested when there is a problem to be solved

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I’m a total lover of the set up and tweak period as well of all my systems. I can get bored when there is nothing else to fix haha. I always find myself more interested when there is a problem to be solved
I mean looking at a nice clean tank is amazing but I love tinkering…I guess I need to get more corals

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef is over 50 years old so I rarely have to do anything. I change water about 4 times a year, feed and clean the glass but thats about it. Of course occasionally I have to clean a pump or the top of the skimmer, but that is not an every day or even month thing

javajaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you are bored you could find something more challenging to put in there - SPS as an example. Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy what you have!

Or you could challenge yourself with a new aquascape - that's what a lot of planted tank guys do: set something up, let it grow out and stare at it for awhile then re-do it all over again with a new scape.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my tank is still fairly new at almost 8 months old. SO I am still tinkering. but, last time I had a tank (17 years ago) I do believe that is what made me lose interest in the hobby. I had a lot of other things going on, and because the tank was very mature with not much to do, it took a back seat in my life.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you are bored you could find something more challenging to put in there - SPS as an example. Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy what you have!

Or you could challenge yourself with a new aquascape - that's what a lot of planted tank guys do: set something up, let it grow out and stare at it for awhile then re-do it all over again with a new scape.
Yeah I was thinking of getting a few acros to try out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back