Maxspect Gyre Cloud Edition upgrade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as an aside the XF 2xx series was not compatible with the 300 series controller. I don't recall what the change was (motor block or controller) but there was a change and you couldn't use a XF2xx series with the new 300 line. Which was a bummer.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the controller is compatible with all the 300 series. Great news for me because I need a controller for my gyres.

Attachments

• 615002D2-A6DF-426A-B874-59D438462CFF.png
    615002D2-A6DF-426A-B874-59D438462CFF.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like the controller is compatible with all the 300 series. Great news for me because I need a controller for my gyres.
Thanks! Then most likely for those of us who use the wave engine, it looks like they should work if we decided to upgrade pumps? I'm hoping to just get the new cages as an upgrade, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Then most likely for those of us who use the wave engine, it looks like they should work if we decided to upgrade pumps? I'm hoping to just get the new cages as an upgrade, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I saw on instagram they were compatible with the wave engine. How do you like the wave engine by the way?

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw on instagram they were compatible with the wave engine. How do you like the wave engine by the way?
Good news, thanks! It’s great! I have the ETM version, so I run my MP40’s and 330’s together. So the left side runs the same and the right side as well. I can program them differently too. I also have it connected to my apex on that system, so I can trigger feed mode with my DIY breakout box with a push of a button. I have two different feed modes programmed, one for 10 minutes and the other for 20 minutes. Plus, I can initiate flow patterns/programs as well. For instance, with a push of a button I can start nutrient transport or storms mode, which is full throttle to kick up detritus.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news, thanks! It’s great! I have the ETM version, so I run my MP40’s and 330’s together. So the left side runs the same and the right side as well. I can program them differently too. I also have it connected to my apex on that system, so I can trigger feed mode with my DIY breakout box with a push of a button. I have two different feed modes programmed, one for 10 minutes and the other for 20 minutes. Plus, I can initiate flow patterns/programs as well. For instance, with a push of a button I can start nutrient transport or storms mode, which is full throttle to kick up detritus.
Thank you, that’s Good information

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just another view point as I use a Ice cap 4k and a XF280 with the wave engine LE and will say I can't get the same left to right alternating pulse using the wave engine as I could with the maxspect native controller. I've tried several times reaching out to support and the end result is the same. The motor block can't go that low / fast between bursts (even though the maxspect controller is as quick as .5 seconds).

Ignoring that it allows connecting older Gyres to a single device which is nice. I do wish it had better pulse control though...

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just another view point as I use a Ice cap 4k and a XF280 with the wave engine LE and will say I can't get the same left to right alternating pulse using the wave engine as I could with the maxspect native controller. I've tried several times reaching out to support and the end result is the same. The motor block can't go that low / fast between bursts (even though the maxspect controller is as quick as .5 seconds).

Ignoring that it allows connecting older Gyres to a single device which is nice. I do wish it had better pulse control though...
Yeah, that's been my only issue with programming them via the WE. I need to spend a little more time programming them (gyres), as the vortechs just move the water nicely, I just don't like their narrow flow pattern, which is why I use the Neat Aquatics wide flow limpet guard. I really wish that Ecotech would do something with those cages. It's like no one is trying to innovate flow?

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have the link to that new add on and the cost roughly or is it still in the works?

Last edited:

Carolina79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of today, there is no upgrade kit available. I'm going to have the team reach out to Maxspect to see if that's in the works or not and I'll report back with what I find out.
Hi, I bought the maxpect xf 330 cloud edition, and I have not found a video to help me install this. Having a hard time with the controller and app. Are you guys going to be making a video on this thing?!? That would be awesome and helpful. I have reached out to Maxspect but have not heard back….

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back