Maxspect icv6

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying the way to get the WiFi to connect to the ICV6 I need to go to my router and find it?
I can’t get the ICV6 to pair/connect to the router. ? I can’t get the blinking light to turn on that indicates it is trying to connect.
Hi, thanks for your support. This is customer service from Maxspect. To connect the ICV6 to your WIFI, it needs 1) Your WIFI is 2.4 G WIFI, not 5G WIFI; 2) Follow the instructions in Syna-G APP Step by Step, and key in the correct WIFI Password, then the WIFI Password will be sent to the ICV6 via your phone(ICV6 should be in breathing mode), then ICV6 will use this password to connect your router. ICV6 is acting like a laptop to try connect your router with the password. Please give it a try and see if it could fix the issue.

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am following the instructions as per the manual and on line tutorials. I am on a 2.4 ghz router. I can get as far on SYNA-G to connect enter the router password and it is accepted. The next step says to hold the power button for 3 or 5 seconds until there is a flashing red light alternating with a flashing blue light. I cannot get the flashing lights which indicate the ICV6 is pairing. If I proceed without the flashing lights the connection attempt times out. I have been trying for three days on and off. This is where I am stuck. I can hold the power button down forever and still no flashing lights.

Would it help if I tried the update via SD card? Seems odd if this is a brand new product and it ships out already needing an update.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am following the instructions as per the manual and on line tutorials. I am on a 2.4 ghz router. I can get as far on SYNA-G to connect enter the router password and it is accepted. The next step says to hold the power button for 3 or 5 seconds until there is a flashing red light alternating with a flashing blue light. I cannot get the flashing lights which indicate the ICV6 is pairing. If I proceed without the flashing lights the connection attempt times out. I have been trying for three days on and off. This is where I am stuck. I can hold the power button down forever and still no flashing lights.

Would it help if I tried the update via SD card? Seems odd if this is a brand new product and it ships out already needing an update.
Hi,thanks for your support. Actually, the operation procedure should be 1st to Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds, the ICV6 enters breathing mode, as below picture shown; 2nd press the Next Button and to input the WIFI Password. After that, there is no need to press the power button of the ICV6 anymore. Please kindly have a check. and keep us posted with upate

Breathing mode.jpg

Garethkendall85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I can't get the red light to show on my ICV6 and can't get it to connect at all, I am on the 2.4 network. I too am really stuck and could do with some help.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I can't get the red light to show on my ICV6 and can't get it to connect at all, I am on the 2.4 network. I too am really stuck and could do with some help.
Hi, please kindly help to set the ICV6 back to factory default setting, and start the connection again, and see if it could fix the issue?
The methods of resetting ICV6 is:

1) Cut the power;

2) Press and hold the power button and reconnect power;

3) keep pressing the button about 40 seconds until the red flash flashes several times
and stays on, then after you release the button, the red flash will stay two more seconds and
be gone.

4) Try to connect the ICV6 again.

If the issue remains after ICV6 resetting, please kindly change the password of the you WIFI, and
reconnect it again.

Garethkendall85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Doesn't matter how long I hold the button even trying to reset I never see the red disk in the middle.

Is this unit faulty?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Doesn't matter how long I hold the button even trying to reset I never see the red disk in the middle.
Is this unit faulty?

Hi, thanks for your support, please kindly follow the methods mentioned before.
1st Cut the Power of ICV6;
2nd Press and hold the power button of ICV6
3rd Reconnect the power

From the video, it seems you did not cut the power of ICV6.
Please kindly try again and keep us posted with update.

Garethkendall85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I did cut the power just didn't have enough hands to record on my phone, plugin and press the button. I have never seen the red flashing icon.

I have followed the instructions many times still not red icon.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I did cut the power just didn't have enough hands to record on my phone, plugin and press the button. I have never seen the red flashing icon.

I have followed the instructions many times still not red icon.
Hi Thanks for your support. So Did you keep pressing the power button while plugging in the power?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah plugged the power in with the power button pushed in.

Just can't get the red icon.
Hi, thanks for your support. If it is really the case, it might be the hardware issue, and please kindly contact our local distributor in USA
for help.Please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you.

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Thanks for your support. This is customer service from Maxspect, May I know if the issue remains?

@csmaxspect You still around?
This is new purchase,
App won't recognise/connect to router nor will it appear/show any "maxspect" in any option to connect via the phone either.
With router + phone 1 foot from each other.
Phone Samsung s9 - Router ASUS AC68U that does both 2.4 + 5
Yes i'm double certain i'm connected via 2,4 - i have other equipment that also use 2,4 & is working fine.

No option to enter SSID with the app it just gives this

Screenshot_20200204-022155_SYNA-G.jpg

then just keeps coming back with

Screenshot_20200204-022304_SYNA-G.jpg

Any pointers other than what the coralvue connect 101 vid covers or what the app covers?
I have a passionate hate for equipment that does this out of the box.
App version is V1.4.3
Password is just letters & numbers no special characters or spaces
Trying the refresh button approach brings no change either.

Last edited:

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone else has this issue - i looked in the app permissions & saw that location was in there.
On my phone location was off.
Once i turned that back on the unit properly recognized my SSID + connected

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone else has this issue - i looked in the app permissions & saw that location was in there.
On my phone location was off.
Once i turned that back on the unit properly recognized my SSID + connected
Hi sorry for late reply. This error is caused by IOS 13, please kindly turn on the location authority for the Syna- G App, then it can access to the SSID of your network.

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry for late reply. This error is caused by IOS 13, please kindly turn on the location authority for the Syna- G App, then it can access to the SSID of your network.

Maybe not just the apple as this was on a samung s9 - android phone , permissions were all allowed but it happened that i had location on the phone switched off.
I need my gps turned on to link to my aquarium pumps lol - i find it hilarious

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not just the apple as this was on a samung s9 - android phone , permissions were all allowed but it happened that i had location on the phone switched off.
I need my gps turned on to link to my aquarium pumps lol - i find it hilarious
That makes no sense, but maybe that is why mine won't connect as well.

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes no sense, but maybe that is why mine won't connect as well.

If its 200 series there is a firmware version you need to be above.
For 300 series i think its supposed to just work but yes that was what stopped mine from working.

Edit: Just tried it now & it will connect to the pumps with location off so seems it is perhaps just an initial "get connected" problem

Last edited:

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its 200 series there is a firmware version you need to be above.
For 300 series i think its supposed to just work but yes that was what stopped mine from working.

Edit: Just tried it now & it will connect to the pumps with location off so seems it is perhaps just an initial "get connected" problem

Yeah, I'm on the latest firmware version for both and can direct connect, but cannot get it to link to 2.4g WiFi. I even went so far as to turn off my 5g completely with no dice.

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm on the latest firmware version for both and can direct connect, but cannot get it to link to 2.4g WiFi. I even went so far as to turn off my 5g completely with no dice.

Let us know how you get on - when mine would not connect that SSID name was showing as in the pic above - once i turned location on it displayed the proper SSID

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi is the ICV6 in the proper mode(such as breathing mode) when connecting to Wifi, it means it needs to set the ICV6 in proper mode according to the App instruction in the step of connecting it to Wifi. 2nd sorry to mention, but did you input the correct password?

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back