Maxspect Jump Gyre 4k Vibrates

chris_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had a Maxspect Jump Gyre 4k running in my reef for about a month. Recently, the Gyre pump portion sends a vibration through the tank that sounds like a notification. It took me weeks to determine that this sound was coming from the Gyre. It occurs maybe 3 to 4 times an hour. I had my hand on the gyre itself and felt the vibration to conclusively say its the pump. I have reached out to Coralvue support but no luck yet. Has anyone run into this with the Maxspect gyres? I'm running at 30% in gyre mode but decreasing the speed seems to have no effect. Thanks for any help!

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had a Maxspect Jump Gyre 4k running in my reef for about a month. Recently, the Gyre pump portion sends a vibration through the tank that sounds like a notification. It took me weeks to determine that this sound was coming from the Gyre. It occurs maybe 3 to 4 times an hour. I had my hand on the gyre itself and felt the vibration to conclusively say its the pump. I have reached out to Coralvue support but no luck yet. Has anyone run into this with the Maxspect gyres? I'm running at 30% in gyre mode but decreasing the speed seems to have no effect. Thanks for any help!
Have you tried cleaning it? Could have something stuck in it.

Could also have a defect in one of the blades. Id try inspecting those and clean it. I believe the jumps come with a second set of them if one is defective.

OP
OP
chris_d

chris_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried cleaning it? Could have something stuck in it.

Could also have a defect in one of the blades. Id try inspecting those and clean it. I believe the jumps come with a second set of them if one is defective.
Good call, I'll give this a shot.

OP
OP
chris_d

chris_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally a response from Coralvue if anyone has a similar issue:

Thank you for contacting CoralVue. As of Tuesday, August 30, 2022, CoralVue is no longer the distributor for the Maxspect product line. Per the manufacturer's request, all product questions and support are now handled directly by Maxspect.

Support Portal: http://maxspect.com/index.php?option=com_fss&view=main&Itemid=494&lang=en
Email Address: [email protected]

Please know this was a decision made by Maxspect and not CoralVue. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for being so understanding.

OP
OP
chris_d

chris_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few days but I tried cleaning the pump and switched out blades from the orange to black. Vibration continued. Reached out to Maxspect direct via the link above and received great support. I explained what was going on and they offered a refund. I appreciate great customer service but will be going with a different powerhead moving forward.

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few days but I tried cleaning the pump and switched out blades from the orange to black. Vibration continued. Reached out to Maxspect direct via the link above and received great support. I explained what was going on and they offered a refund. I appreciate great customer service but will be going with a different powerhead moving forward.
Glad to hear they where supportive. I think AI just came out with a gyre, could try there, or Icecap. I have a fx330 and its great if you wanted to stick with maxspect.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back