Maxspect Jump MJ-L130 LED - Standard

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one got any experience with this light ?

Maxspect Jump MJ-L130 LED - Standard​

What corals cans it grow, if any. Is it easy to use, does it look good, etc
Thanks

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what it can grow depends on your tank size and how you locate whatever you're trying to grow vs the light. Tank details?

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what it can grow depends on your tank size and how you locate whatever you're trying to grow vs the light. Tank details?
I have a waterbox 20 main corals I want to keep are torch hammer zoa GSP and any lps really. It is quite cheap which is why I didn’t know if it would be any good .

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think it should be ok, check out 3:55 in this video for some insight. You should be able to grow whatever you want for the most part, but it probably won't support a SPS heavy tank, SPS would probably grow ok higher up in the tank and fairly centered under the light. For LPS and soft corals, you should be good to go.

Danny99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this lamp 2 days ago. I was using bad lighting that didn’t provide any kind of grow basically, so I’m waiting to see what’ll happen. I’m using the third option on the Manual setting panel. Will inform about the corals condition in the future.

CMGohio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up as well, didn't realize it would be so hard to find information, probably wouldn't have bought it.

CMGohio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this lamp 2 days ago. I was using bad lighting that didn’t provide any kind of grow basically, so I’m waiting to see what’ll happen. I’m using the third option on the Manual setting panel. Will inform about the corals condition in the future.
Any early thoughts, I got mine set up, have you found any info on the p1,p2 and p3, the controller is pretty friendly but I can't seem to find the difference in whites and blues per phase.

Danny99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any early thoughts, I got mine set up, have you found any info on the p1,p2 and p3, the controller is pretty friendly but I can't seem to find the difference in whites and blues per phase.
I’m using p3, because when I checked it uses all of the diods. My corals are more open than before, especially zoas. I’ve been having a problem with them but now they seem so fine. I wish there would be an option to imitate morning only blue light and evening as well but there is no. I think so far it’s going great, tomorrow I’ll receive more corals and will check how’ll they do after some time.

CMGohio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using p3, because when I checked it uses all of the diods. My corals are more open than before, especially zoas. I’ve been having a problem with them but now they seem so fine. I wish there would be an option to imitate morning only blue light and evening as well but there is no. I think so far it’s going great, tomorrow I’ll receive more corals and will check how’ll they do after some time.
Tank is cycled, ready for some additions. Are you still using the light and how's it working?

Danny99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is cycled, ready for some additions. Are you still using the light and how's it working?
Yes I am. It’s pretty good, I’ve noticed my zoa and gsp actually growing. Few days ago I purchased two candy canes and they are doing so good, I mean they are so juicy and bouncy :D with my previous light, they would shrink and die off slowly. Kenya tree is flawless and so open, hammer as well. Definitely it was a good decision to buy this lamp, it’s perfect for nano reef.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back