May Have Suffered A Casualty

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have lost my first zoanthid tonight. A little over a week ago I traded six polyps of a Pally that I have bunches of for a single polyp of a zoo I did not have. It was glued to a piece of rubble rock.

Tonight I watched the long spine urchin clean his way over the area the new polyp was located. Lo and behold when he left the area the polyp was dislodged from the super glue and hanging by a thread. I had to act quickly for if it would have completely fell off, it would have been lost for good as the current is quite good in the area.

I’ve not glued zoa’s before but thought I’d try and save the thing. I removed it from where it was hanging with a pair of tweezers, put a drop of glue on a frag disc and placed the bottom of the polyp into the glue. I immediately immersed it in water and let it set up a bit and then placed it in the bottom of the tank.

I’ve not had an occasion to do this before and was wondering if I did things properly and what you think the odds of this polyp surviving?

Thanks for any input.

dc_909

Zoanthid Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had multiple successes with direct contact of zoa and glue. As long as you used a little and kept it to the base you should be fine.

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not had good luck with glue and direct polyps. They will usually stick for a little while but then when I'm not looking they release.

Sandy

OP
OP
Nikon_Guy

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. It has opened today although it looks a tad worse for wear. At least the polyp opened when the lights came on.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back