Member Tanks

qterry22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 65g corner flow. I will do my best to describe the pictures and my set up.

This is the beginning right after my cycle completed which took 5 weeks. I started with clean up crew and two clowns.
IMG_2827.jpg

A month or so later I purchased my first Anemone. Sadly this guy didn't make it due to my own ignorance with my lighting.
IMG_2759.jpg

After adding some more fish and a few corals (some lived some died), a serious case of "tank uglies" (due to my own heavy handed feeding), and one tank move across town later here was the new beginning. So even though I moved the tank once I consider it the same system as I have kept everything I started with. (At least what survived my early days of the hobby)
IMG_4047.jpg

Shortly after the move I incorporated a DIY RSB and Rubble rock container for extra filtration. I have it plumbed to circulate through my sump even when the main pump is off. That way there is always some kind of filtration/circulation going on. As a matter of fact I leave my GFO/Carbon reactor run also like this. The only things I ever turn off are the main pump and skimmer during feeding. This excludes my wavemaker which is only turned off to spot feed specific corals. All other feeding I use the broadcast method. Here is the DIY RSB/Rubble rock setup during cycling.
IMG_4070.jpg

Here are some photos of different frags, fish, and inverts. The purpose is to highlight some of my livestock in addition to show the progress my reef has made over time.
IMG_4061.jpg

OP
OP
Q

qterry22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a few months after the move.
IMG_4143.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg

After some trimming, re-arranging, and new additions.
IMG_4204.jpg
IMG_4209.jpg

Back