Micro and nano bubble tank treatment

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI - I bought the Coralife Luft pump and it's not so quiet. I'm seeing about 62db right next to the pump. I read that the Eheim air pumps are roughly 1odb quieter (high 40s, low 50s) which is half as loud as the Coralife. I figured I'd post this in case anyone else has an extremely quiet system (and wants to keep it that way).
Awesome feed back! I guess being that our pump is ina sump room, we typically never hear it...

rob.makowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just needed to give it a little time to break in again.
We also notice when we feed pellet food, the foam head breaks on the skimmer as well.
If you'd like, break in the new sponge by soaking it in a 5 gallon bucket with some RO water... :)
I did that exact thing the other day. I just let the foam soak in a bucket of ro water and I haven't seen any ill effects.

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates, guys and gals? :)

Just started bubbling in my nano about a week ago. Im not sure Im doing it right but theres bubbles lol. I have the air stone under my return pump and it comes on at night.

I have actually postponed bubbling for the moment because I am having some STN in some acros and I have no idea what is causing it so I am taking out variables.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started bubbling in my nano about a week ago. Im not sure Im doing it right but theres bubbles lol. I have the air stone under my return pump and it comes on at night.

I have actually postponed bubbling for the moment because I am having some STN in some acros and I have no idea what is causing it so I am taking out variables.
Try dosing Dr. Tims One and Only bacteria saltwater while bubbling.

The good bacteria are typically aerobic within our systems...

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone doing this while running a manifold, I searched the thread and didn't find anything.

I have a manifold feeding the tank, 1 reactor and my ATS.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the very very fine bubbles, they would pass through your manifold without issue and should not create hold up in the reactor manifolds. :)

Yuyiboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply put an airstone in your sump next to your return pump so that the return pump chops up the tiny bubbles even more as it sends them into your display tank
I do this by putting the power head out of the water a tiny bit till it sucks air... works great

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not the same as a nano bubble, but if it works for you thats great

Yuyiboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not the same as a nano bubble, but if it works for you thats great

The big ones pop right away and the micro ones linger a long time. Saw the same size bubbles in the videos using a stone, but my tank is tiny so maybe that’s why [emoji4]

Kainic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

new bubbler(?) here. My main goal by micro bubble scrubbing my tank is to reduce my vermetid snail population (the tiny/thin ones). One user reported this effect on his tank and I want to give it a try.
My theory behind is starvation and exhaustion. With the micro bubbles there'll be less suspended particles for the vermetids to feed on, so they will starve. Exhaustion comes when the micro bubbles activate the vermetid feeding response by producing its mucus/web. If they produce this mucus for several hours and they can't feed because there's no food, they wil be spending energy they won't recover.

Crazy theory? May be, but I need a new approach to defeat these snails.

By the way, and only three days bubbling I've noticed my skimmate is darker than before, not more nor less. We'll see if it translates to a decrease in my nitrate levels.

Greetings.

ldolor2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but can someone please send me the link to the check valve and needle valve needed with the coralife luft pump? I’m not sure what size SMC 586 needle valve to purchase.

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered Fluval Q1 pump form my Fluval 13.5G tank. Is enough power for that tank? Can I use two wooden stone or 1 is OK?

Thanks

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but can someone please send me the link to the check valve and needle valve needed with the coralife luft pump? I’m not sure what size SMC 586 needle valve to purchase.
For now, just utilize a regular air line valve and an airline check valve. You won't need the fine tuning until a bit later just for efficiency sake for multiple systems.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered Fluval Q1 pump form my Fluval 13.5G tank. Is enough power for that tank? Can I use two wooden stone or 1 is OK?

Thanks
One wooden air stone placed in the last baffle before the return pump should be more than enough... raise and lower the airstone in that baffle to fine tune the amount of bubbles produced. :)

For the Airpump, we prefer utilizing the Tom's Aqualifter to actually push the air through to the wooden air stone. It provides a more consistent pressure to push air through the smaller pinholes in the wooden block.

:)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back