MicroBacter7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading above overview from manufacture, I ask why bacteria in MicroBacter7 don’t reproduce. If they reproduced, I should not have to dose continually or am I missing something?

• [Complex system of non-pathogenic aerobic and anaerobic microbes, as well as natural enzymes, specifically formulated to establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification, denitrification, and organic waste degradation in marine and freshwater aquaria through complete nutrient remineralization.]

• [Medium- to High-nutrient Systems, or to seed Biological Filtration in new aquaria: To effectively decrease the concentration of available nutrients and waste material in all marine and freshwater aquaria, add 5 ml (1 capful) per 25 US-gallons (94.6 L) [≈4 drops per gallon (3.8 L)] of aquarium water daily for the first two weeks of use; the impact that MicrōBacter7 has on an aquarium is most evident within this period. Turn protein skimming and UV-sterilization off for a period of 4 hours following addition to aquaria. A noticeable difference in water clarity is typically apparent within 30-minutes of dosing. Follow same instructions for new aquarium start-up. Thereafter, switch to “low-nutrient” dosage (below).]

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a better question for the manufacturer, but my understanding is that they suggest the repeat doses to help keep nutrients lower. Bacteria will consume nitrates and phosphates to a certain degree, so having more bacteria in the tank should, in theory, lead to decreased nitrate and phosphate levels. For the average reefer, they're going to use this once or twice upon tank start up and then discontinue dosing.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt the bacteria cannot reproduce. I think it's probably more to do just with giving more chances of spreading the bacteria out randomly and being able to colonize as many surface as possible. If they are largely sedentary, especially once a colony is formed, what would happen is you'd have colony-forming units (CFU)s latch to an area and that's that. So with multiple spread events, there is probably just a higher chance of CFUs ending up in more locations.

Why not all at once, instead of spreading over two weeks? Yeah honestly I would not have a clue, the only reasoning could be that in one go, there may be potentially be more clumping, or they are more likely to flow into the same places. Over two weeks, perhaps the bacteria would randomly flow to different locations due to differences in where the bacteria is added, changes in flow from moving pumps around, etc.

That's my hypothesis. XD Because yeah, I also wondered why multiple doses, rather than one dose.

OP
OP
S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a better question for the manufacturer, but my understanding is that they suggest the repeat doses to help keep nutrients lower. Bacteria will consume nitrates and phosphates to a certain degree, so having more bacteria in the tank should, in theory, lead to decreased nitrate and phosphate levels. For the average reefer, they're going to use this once or twice upon tank start up and then discontinue dosing.
I had hoped that manufacture was a r2r sponsor to allow me to do that.

I think it must be more complex than nitrification bacteria. The use of patented enzymes suggest to me that bacteria energized by enzymes work sludge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt the bacteria cannot reproduce. I think it's probably more to do just with giving more chances of spreading the bacteria out randomly and being able to colonize as many surface as possible. If they are largely sedentary, especially once a colony is formed, what would happen is you'd have colony-forming units (CFU)s latch to an area and that's that. So with multiple spread events, there is probably just a higher chance of CFUs ending up in more locations.

Why not all at once, instead of spreading over two weeks? Yeah honestly I would not have a clue, the only reasoning could be that in one go, there may be potentially be more clumping, or they are more likely to flow into the same places. Over two weeks, perhaps the bacteria would randomly flow to different locations due to differences in where the bacteria is added, changes in flow from moving pumps around, etc.

That's my hypothesis. XD Because yeah, I also wondered why multiple doses, rather than one dose.

No doubt, 14 individual days should disperse bacteria populations; if they weren’t mobile enough on their own.

what is the purpose of “natural enzymes”
@Dana Riddle, do you have any thoughts on processes involved with Microbactor7

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 90 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back