Mid-Year tank progress! Let's see your growth!

Danny McElroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0116.jpeg
IMG_2138.jpeg

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the video quality but my phone might as well be a potato recording one.

This was the old 20g (Aug 2022):

And now 90g:

Last edited:

Acroconut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 year and 1 month video of my fluval 13.5. Need to get the larger tank set up soon as some corals are clearly outgrowing the confines of this tank.

Attachments

• 20230707_160253.mp4
    20.8 MB

codewon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell us and post photos! We'd love to see it!
Not much progress have been made on my tank except a new Zoanthid and a basic clean-up crew.
image.jpg

However I did purchase a Yellow Watchman Goby a few weeks ago and it jumped out of the tank during the night :(
IMG_2415.jpeg

Last edited:

XtraKargo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DEC 29TH OF 2022. The frag rack in the center was PLA. It later disintegrated...

image.jpg

JULY 12TH 2023

20230712_181758.jpg

20230712_182010.jpg

20230712_181849.jpg

This one is about to be put out to pasture, cause I have a 90 gallon that I am preparing for, and will be building out a 40 breeder to hold the corals in the meantime.

XtraKargo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The philosopher's tank is now 20 years old, but I was battling hair algae (at around the 8 year mark in the current tank) and things weren't looking too nice earlier in the year, so I decided to do some cabinet making and re-work things, so this is my "new" tank after its (counts on fingers)... 9th? refresh. At the moment it's chalice, zoas, palys, acans and if Im going to be honest, waaaay to many anemones...

tank.jpeg
Is that hex essentially a display refugium? I didn't know if that was the case or it's temporary home during the remodel of the cabinets.

RuuToo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that hex essentially a display refugium? I didn't know if that was the case or it's temporary home during the remodel of the cabinets.
I needed something to put some rock in after the move and i had it available so I just added it for giggles.

It isn't a long term plan to keep it there, but I do want to add mangroves at some point so something will be next to the tank

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Al.B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a week shy of 6 months and been battling the uglies since early on. I’ve done plenty of research and applied most recommendations but I guess it’s just part of the game. The fish and all my corals except my mushroom have been thriving. Nothing I try makes my mushroom happy. I have had bouts with Cyano, hair algae, and a little bubble here and there. Cyano broke out first really bad and after 2 weeks of looking at the sludge I used chemiclean which eradicated it for a while but a little returned. I had a hair algae outbreak a bit later that was pretty bad but just at the top of the scape. It went away after 2 weeks where I picked it out every few days and dosed MB7 and Clean. A little hair algae returned and is now starting to get worst about 1-2 months later. Overall the uglies have been an annoyance but not so intrusive that I can’t enjoy the beauty of the tank. I have the tank in the family room next to the TV so I get to enjoy it the majority of my time at home.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m a week shy of 6 months and been battling the uglies since early on. I’ve done plenty of research and applied most recommendations but I guess it’s just part of the game. The fish and all my corals except my mushroom have been thriving. Nothing I try makes my mushroom happy. I have had bouts with Cyano, hair algae, and a little bubble here and there. Cyano broke out first really bad and after 2 weeks of looking at the sludge I used chemiclean which eradicated it for a while but a little returned. I had a hair algae outbreak a bit later that was pretty bad but just at the top of the scape. It went away after 2 weeks where I picked it out every few days and dosed MB7 and Clean. A little hair algae returned and is now starting to get worst about 1-2 months later. Overall the uglies have been an annoyance but not so intrusive that I can’t enjoy the beauty of the tank. I have the tank in the family room next to the TV so I get to enjoy it the majority of my time at home.
Overall tank looks very good.
is tank receiving light/indirect light from a nearby window?
Do you know your phos level? ChemiPure Blue will keep it in check and remove any low level toxins.
I dont see much for snails but considering adding a mix of snails comprising of: Astrea-cerith-trochus-Turbo grazer and nerites. Even a pin cushion urchin will help

Back