Midas blenny acting weird

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this Midas blenny for about a week and he just seems to sit at the top looking very stressed which he wasn’t the day I got him he was hiding in rocks and what not he eats perfectly fine and gets alone with everyone just fine as well

Attachments

• IMG_3587.mov
    23.3 MB

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated post videos to youtube then just paste the link here.
I added my first midas blenny about 6 weeks ago. It hid in holes for about 3 weeks. It even went missing for a few days. Now it swims and eats with the big tangs. What size tank do you have and do you have places it can hide. Mine has holes all over the tank it darts into at times. I see a clown in the image above so if your tank is smaller it's possible the clown is showing aggression. This is mine feeding. You can see it swim in from the right around the 8 second mark

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That is a pretty normal Midas Blenny in the video. They perch. They hang out. Once very comfortable with the tank they will free swim. I added one 2 weeks ago now and he JUST started free swimming in the last 3-4 days.

Is your tank really 84 degrees? That is what it looked like in the video. If it is I would suggest dropping it down to 77-79. 84 is VERY hot.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a pretty normal Midas Blenny in the video. They perch. They hang out. Once very comfortable with the tank they will free swim. I added one 2 weeks ago now and he JUST started free swimming in the last 3-4 days.

Is your tank really 84 degrees? That is what it looked like in the video. If it is I would suggest dropping it down to 77-79. 84 is VERY hot.
To echo this, they are still blennies. They may mimic anthias in behavior and are often seen swimming with anthias, but they are still blennies. They will perch periodically and sometimes move about the rockwork.

Back