Minimalist Aquascaping

ou12004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rock at least is minimalist, with the corals strewn around it's a little messy looking lol. It's a standard 20 gallon rimless with about 10-12 pounds of reef cleaners rock, all the rock is just about a year old.

A year ago...
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1458823575.752151.jpg

Now...
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1458823609.004251.jpg
Great idea on the pvc pipe for the Euphyllia, I am going to get some black pvc and adjust mine

ROODNIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine before I put any corals in it! It's hard to tell from the photo but it actually has a lot of depth and dimension to it... And none of the structures touch any of the sides of the tank. Plenty of room for cleaning! The vortec QDs do a great job of sweeping up any detritus because it's so open!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

gidenski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my "minimalist" scape after a year of growth (original post page 5 of this thread). Doesn't stay so minimal :)
Though to note, I did run out of space and added another rock to the scape to connect the right two islands to get more real estate... hence the abundance of frag sticks.

TMG_3641_resize.jpg

chgoblknazn

Popcorn Popper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine before I put any corals in it! It's hard to tell from the photo but it actually has a lot of depth and dimension to it... And none of the structures touch any of the sides of the tank. Plenty of room for cleaning! The vortec QDs do a great job of sweeping up any detritus because it's so open!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I really like this! How did you create it?

reef_grrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea on the pvc pipe for the Euphyllia, I am going to get some black pvc and adjust mine

Thanks! I have a few pvc bits that are bound together with zipties, and the bottoms are super glued to those annoying ceramic tiles some frags come on. When the frogspawn is fully open you can't see the pvc at all!

ROODNIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this! How did you create it?
Thankyou! I used a product by aqua forest called "stone fix" it works like fast setting concrete, and is INCREDIBLY strong. Marco rock also makes one, I believe it's called Marco E-400 mortar but I found the aqua forest brand to be cheaper and overall, it set faster. As the joints dried I used bits of pvc or random objects lying around to support the structure until the mortar mix hardened.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back