Missing fish

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so earlier this week i notched my cleaner shrimp just went missing. I saw his molt in the powerhead. But didnt think to much untill i couldnt find him. Owell i was upset but maybe he was soft and got stuck idk but few days later my six line is now gone! No evidence. Im clue loose. My parameters are fine. I only had the cleaner six line and clown. Now i just have the clown. I know the BL hermit or the snails(astreas, nassarious, ceriths) didnt just catch and eat them. No way my corals just ate him. So where did they go? And im assuming they died how have i not found any evidence? Its a 15 gal jbj not every much room to hide and i know they arnt just hiding

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi so earlier this week i notched my cleaner shrimp just went missing. I saw his molt in the powerhead. But didnt think to much untill i couldnt find him. Owell i was upset but maybe he was soft and got stuck idk but few days later my six line is now gone! No evidence. Im clue loose. My parameters are fine. I only had the cleaner six line and clown. Now i just have the clown. I know the BL hermit or the snails(astreas, nassarious, ceriths) didnt just catch and eat them. No way my corals just ate him. So where did they go? And im assuming they died how have i not found any evidence? Its a 15 gal jbj not every much room to hide and i know they arnt just hiding
6 lines are great hiders but also known to slide thru slots for overflow and end up in overflow box or even sump.
If no dice, what I always hate to suggest but look on floor around tank and and under stand.

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much every fish that has ever died in my tank "vanishes".

The clean up crews go to town fast when something dies.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much every fish that has ever died in my tank "vanishes".

The clean up crews go to town fast when something dies.
I did have my second clown die few weeks ago and it took them awhile and were leaving some bones left. That was bc of not pairing so my other clown killed it. But my six line and clown got along great.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 lines are great hiders but also known to slide thru slots for overflow and end up in overflow box or even sump.
If no dice, what I always hate to suggest but look on floor around tank and and under stand.
Ive had my clowns jump in the back. Its a all in one. But its easy to see and i scoop them out. Its a jbj too with a tight lid so no way it jumped out. So lost right now. Everything got along and looked healthy just yesterday

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 69 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back