Missouri gang

OP
OP

24/7ReeFTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @jaxon meller, how long have you had the file fish? Are you seeing any results? I'm considering getting one or two.
I’ve only had it for 24 hours now and haven’t seen any progress but it is probably still getting used to the tank, they are very interesting. I wouldn’t get 2 bc I’ve heard they don’t do well others of the same species.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only had it for 24 hours now and haven’t seen any progress but it is probably still getting used to the tank, they are very interesting. I wouldn’t get 2 bc I’ve heard they don’t do well others of the same species.
I've heard that too, but there are quite a few people that have had success having 2 in larger tanks. I haven't decided yet. Thinking about getting one and taking a gamble on a Klien's Butterfly.

CamKole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good LFS in KC? I've never looked there. Might be worth the trip.

PetTopia in Gladstone is pretty awesome, as that's where i've gotten a majority of my tank supplies and livestock. I do also recommend visiting The Reef Rack in Overland Park too, they've got some super awesome frag tanks.

bjc451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in just across the river in Alton Illinois. If you make it to the corner reef might as well check out gateway aquatics the are about 10 minutes from each other. I have been going to chad for many years. As well as seascape. St. Louis has so many good lfs. We have marine depot. Corals and more. Saltwater island. And more

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Born and raised in St. Louis but that was before my reefing days. I have visited Seascape in South County a couple times during trips back home. Seems like a great store. The last time I was there the fish selection was terrific. Actually much better than anything local to me now.

Side note... @bjc451, is Fast Eddie's still there?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi MO Reefers :)

I'm in Buffalo (yes, MO). Nothing here but myself, I'm afraid, but if any of my R2R friends are in the area, give me a yell :)

I travel to St. Loo regularly, was there visiting the new aquarium last week (lame). Stopped by Seascape (my favorite St.L shop). Several other shops worth looking in on, if you're in the area.

SLASH club has a really good frag swap a couple times a year. I generally try and come up... https://slashclub.org/

Springfield has, IMHO, only 3 things for reefers:
Ozarks Reef, in Nixa, a small reef shop with a very knowledgeable owner and healthy livestock.
Aquarium Shoppe, not far from Bass Pro, owner is a good guy, but rarely there. I quit buying livestock there years ago.
Bass Pro's Wonders of Wildlife: Well worth the cost and time, some awesome tanks.

Oh, I forgot... Springfield has a new shop, Simply Reef Aquatics. Owners seem nice, store is new. Decent selection of fish and dry goods (they've got Rod's Foods). There's a plan to open a coral/frag room soon, but it's not there yet.

If I'm in KC, I try and stop at Reef Rack, Live Art, Pet-topia (and Miles of Exotics... no reef stuff, but excellent for reptile and freshwater fish!)

Oh, and a recent shot of Greybeard's Reef (under construction!)
FTS-121919.jpg
:)

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi MO Reefers :)

I'm in Buffalo (yes, MO). Nothing here but myself, I'm afraid, but if any of my R2R friends are in the area, give me a yell :)

I travel to St. Loo regularly, was there visiting the new aquarium last week (lame). Stopped by Seascape (my favorite St.L shop). Several other shops worth looking in on, if you're in the area.

SLASH club has a really good frag swap a couple times a year. I generally try and come up... https://slashclub.org/

Springfield has, IMHO, only 3 things for reefers:
Ozarks Reef, in Nixa, a small reef shop with a very knowledgeable owner and healthy livestock.
Aquarium Shoppe, not far from Bass Pro, owner is a good guy, but rarely there. I quit buying livestock there years ago.
Bass Pro's Wonders of Wildlife: Well worth the cost and time, some awesome tanks.

Oh, I forgot... Springfield has a new shop, Simply Reef Aquatics. Owners seem nice, store is new. Decent selection of fish and dry goods (they've got Rod's Foods). There's a plan to open a coral/frag room soon, but it's not there yet.

If I'm in KC, I try and stop at Reef Rack, Live Art, Pet-topia (and Miles of Exotics... no reef stuff, but excellent for reptile and freshwater fish!)

Oh, and a recent shot of Greybeard's Reef (under construction!)
FTS-121919.jpg
:)
Nice tank you got there. I keep running into you at Ozarks Reef. He’s definitely a knowledgeable guy with fair selection for this area.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back