Mixed 500 gal. A.G.E. build. 12 unit LED Radion lights.

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have approximately 470 gallons of water running right now.
looks like tank will be down till August 1st.
I think I will do a 20% water change weekly instead of bi-weekly.

Last edited:

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the hardships.. Glad that A.G.E is standing behind their product. IMO you made the right decision by fixing the issue before it went any farther.
Will be a beautiful tank and pay dividends in the end.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank came down this weekend. It looks like it will bedown for 8 weeks.
I first put water, sand, and rocks in tank the 1st partof October 2011, I didn’t get lights on till November 19th 2011.
Right after I turned on lights I noticed Air Bubbles inFused Glass. There were a lot of them. But I spent so much time and money gettingtank in house. Tank was already cycled and ready to start building my personalreef. So I ignored the number one rule in this hobby PATIENCE. I wanted my reefI thought I could live with the Air Bubbles in Fused Glass.
But every time I look at tank those bubbles were the 1stthing I saw.
I called Lou at Worldwide Corals (bought tank thru them).The very next day Acrylic Glass Exhibits (A.G.E) called me and apologized. Theytold me that if I wanted, they would come pick up my tank, replace theglass, and return the tank within 4weeks.
I was floored. I have never received such great costumerservice. ‘ Taking this beautiful reef down that I built was a big decision.I thought about it for a few days.
It’s down I look at this as a adventure. All the coralsfish are in a big 300 gallon Rubbermaid tub and sump and frag tank. Rock is inanother tub.
Everyone is looking good.

Sorry to hear that you had to tear the tank down, but very glad to hear that A.G.E. is standing behind their product and you were in the position to do this on your own terms. Having had our share of difficulties with large tanks, we understand what you are going through. Looks like you've got a good plan and your temporary housing looks great. Good luck and we'll be following your progress!

-Mike and Terry

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that you had to tear the tank down, but very glad to hear that A.G.E. is standing behind their product and you were in the position to do this on your own terms. Having had our share of difficulties with large tanks, we understand what you are going through. Looks like you've got a good plan and your temporary housing looks great. Good luck and we'll be following your progress!

-Mike and Terry
Yes A.G.E is by far the best tank builders out there. My tank is the one tank that I ever known to have a problem. And look how quick AGE responded.

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a tank to mess with so. I made a quilt. I finished it yesterday
IMG_3568.jpg

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were long over due for a bigger tank :p

Where did you get the mixing container?

Are you happy with the tank?

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were long over due for a bigger tank :p

Where did you get the mixing container?

Are you happy with the tank?

Oopps replied after I looked at the 1st page. I have a friend that had some issues with his AGE tank as well. Maybe they fired the new guy.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey David, just saw this for the first time now. I cant believe you had to take down the tank. I hope I didn't jinx you when we met, as I had to do this twice LOL. I can certainly relate, but it looks like you have it all covered. Good luck with everything!!

Darren

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou andwere discussing our options that morning we met. The tank was just visual defects.
This is not atank that I would upgrade in a few years. It is going to be part of my home fora long time.
I’m going scallopfishing in early august. In Clearwater Florida. Come on down its fun.

jaesong

Gentlemen Wanderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks amazing. Sorry to hear about the bubbles. Look forward to seeing this guy back up.

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 300 circle doesn't look bad at all...but i'm sorry to hear about the tank issues its never fun having to take apart a new toy

OP
OP
D

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some nice rock. I got a 100lbs. But it's not cheap after shipping it was around $6.85 a pound. I'm think about getting another 100 pounds. What do you all think?
IMG_3610.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back