mobius and older vortechs

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got 2 mp40wqd manufactured on march of 2016. Does that mean that i wont be able to use the mobius app? The legacy devices page cant find my vortechs so that means im stuck with reeflink?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got 2 mp40wqd manufactured on march of 2016. Does that mean that i wont be able to use the mobius app? The legacy devices page cant find my vortechs so that means im stuck with reeflink?
In all likelihood you have the green RF chips. Open the cover and check. If so then you will have to upgrade to the black RF chips for it to work. Also, make sure they are not soldered on, they should be push on style chips.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all likelihood you have the green wifi chips. Open the cover and check. If so then you will have to upgrade to the black wifi chips for it to work.
I had an old one and ordered the black chip. It’s super easy to replace. You just need a regular philips screwdriver and you’ll be done in less than 10 min. It’s so worth it to customize your flow right on your phone!
7014F5B0-A2E8-4C70-B7DF-71EA2DAD2DA4.png

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks so much, i was afraid that i was gonna be stuck with the reeflink lol

dhewitt879

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So random question: Has anyone successfully upgraded the RF chip in a MP40wES from the green chip to the black chip and got it to be recognized on the Mobius app? I have recycled power multiple times and also removed and reinserted the black chip in it and it still isn't being recognized. My guess is that the ES model line isn't able to sync up with Mobius? Secondly, would upgrading the driver from the ES to QD using the kit from Ecotech solve the problem of getting it to be recognized?

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This should be the one you need, and since you already have the black RF chip you won’t need those too.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some early QD models have the old green rf module that is not Mobius compatible. You would need to purchase a new rf module with Bluetooth to use Mobius. You can purchase them directly from ecotech

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back