Mojo Reviews the new CS 200 cone skimmer.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are not out of stock on anything at the moment. What were you trying to order?

The skimmer for $299, PPE, blue moon zoanthids, and can't remember what the fourth thing was now. They were all marked with red asterisks which your site led me to believe meant they were out of stock. At least that's how I interpreted "Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock. You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process." I didn't bother going through the checkout process since I only had a quantity of 1 for each item...

JPA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for pointing that out. You still
could have checked out and it would have processed, but you are correct they were indicated out of stock.

Everything should be in stock now.

Thanks again!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B u M p ! ! !

how's CS 200 cone skimmers doing? mine is still kicking butt, the only thing is it's still spitting out major micro bubbles? micro bubbles are coming from the return... just wondering if anyone else is having this issue... other than that, skimmer is great!!! start up problem is really not an issue so I'm happy with that also... :)

boxer385

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i received mine yesterday and couldn't wait it hook it up, i currently have a i-tech 200 on my 150, the cs2000 is going on my 70 gal rimless system
when i have everything. do your collection cup gasket leaks? the cup fit on the neck but it feels like it should have a tighter fit? other than i think it will be an outstanding skimmer.

i have to build a skimmer stand for it so that it would be in 5-6 inches of water.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it can run in 7 inches of water. and put a little silicone lube on the o ring and it will seat better.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can play around with water depth for the micro bubbles .

reefer10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This skimmer looks awesome and a great deal. I am very much looking forward to ordering this skimmer. Though I am just wondering a couple opinions. How does anyone out there think this skimmer would compare to the Reef octopus xp-2000 or the Reeef octopus 200 w/ the bubble blaster 3000 pump. I just wonder how they all compare because the reef octopus's pumps put out more airdraw does this mean it would handle more bioload. I know it is not all about the air draw but also the design and how it works. This cs200 looks very well designed. What is the bioload/tanksize rating for the CS200? Thank you very much for anyone who can help.

cet98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cs200 looks very well designed. What is the bioload/tanksize rating for the CS200? Thank you very much for anyone who can help.
this is from their website (Royal Reef Aquariums dot com)...

"Rated for 180g heavily stocked tanks or 210 medium stocked"

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can play around with water depth for the micro bubbles .
good deal... I will try different depths when I get my new sump... I'm just glad there's hope to fixing it... thanks mojo... :)

btw, how's your CS200 running?

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its running on a buddies 125g and it works great. Really no complaints.

lmhufty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mojo, do you still really like the skimmer from Royal Reef? And have you reviewed the Octoput Super Space Saver Octopus XP-2000SSS Cone Skimmer? Your thoughts are apparently quite revered on this site!! Thanks.

kelleyga36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been vary pleased with mine. It does rattle a lot at start up,then quiets down. But now I have a problem with it overflowing. But overall very pleased.

Russ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've actually been having overflow issues with mine as well.

It will create dark, dry skimmate for about two days, then out of nowhere the cup fills with nearly clear water in a matter of hours. I've even gone three days without adding anything, even food, just to try to figure out what's causing it. I'm stumped. Otherwise though, it does perform great.

xrayrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find any for sale on ebay any more. Are they still around? The Royal Reef website does not list a phone number, does anyone know of one? I am interested in knowing if the larger model was ever developed?

Robert

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not really sure whats happening with them. try to pm royal reef

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would this be overkill for a 90gal? (120 gallon system including sump)
Or do you think the Vertex In-180 would be a better fit for my size tank?

Also, the tank is in my room and it can't be noisy or ill get no sleep!, so i was wondering if it is noisy also..?

Thanks

Russ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried the soak once, and it helped but only temporarily. It stayed consistent for 4-5 days, but then started doing it again. I'm going to continue playing with the water level and see if I can't find something that keeps it more stable.

Also, I have a few pinwheels from other pumps around that I think may drop in with little or no modification. I'll let you guys know if anything seems to be a particularly good fit. I like the performance of the mesh, but only in the short-term. In my experience, the performance seems to fluctuate too much as particles get stuck/unstuck, and of course it never seems to last too long before coming apart. The free mesh replacement (I think I heard that?) does help reduce the last issue a bit though.

JPA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Russ,
Is there anything at all that might be blocking the water coming from the gatevalve, such as being too close to a sump wall or something like that. We run 3 of these skimmers constantly in 3 different systems with no overflowing issues.

To be honest I have never had mine just suddenly overflow. Is the waterlevel in the skimmer too high? Maybe something keeps getting in the airline or in the inlet to the pump?

keep me posted and we will try to figure it out.

KEVIN--- how is the skimmer running now, are there still any issues?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 158 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back