Mounting Neptune DOS: Screw into stand, or Command Strips?

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to move my Neptune DOS into my stand to clean up the appearance around the tank as well as prevent accidental manual use of the pumps by my toddler.

I have a Marineland Majesty stand, with a sump inside and my small equipment (Apex display, MP40 driver, etc.) velcro'd to the latex-painted interior walls.

I would like to screw the DOS into the wood with some small screws...would this be a problem for the integrity of the stand?

Would I be able to use Command strips instead? I would fear that they wouldn't hold the weight of the DOS.

Any suggestions? I don't have enough room inside the stand to add a plywood panel to mount the DOS to, nor behind due to how thick it is. It would have to go on the inside left or right wall.

rocsec1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done that in my tanks before I got a fish room. I was always worried about thing falling in the sump. Under a stand that will almost always happen if something falls off it’s mount.

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! I got my template and small drill bit ready for mounting this weekend!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back